Chapter 59

I told everything to Mother the situations—from moving here to the current one—happening around me.

When I came back at home with Mother beside me, there was a main emotion of shock which got stuck in the air. But in spite of it, felicity and gaiety showed.

Chris was the one my eyes and mind was focused on. As soon as we walked in, he stood from his seat and ran to hug Mother. Them recognizing faces weren't a problem at all. This felt like the best day of my life since my wish had come true. Or it seemed so. Shattered memories resurrected in my head with the fact that we were finally reunited. It made me cry so hard that I soaked my clothes.

I couldn't bear the pain. The invasion and intrusion of thoughts and emotions had taken its toll. This transpired in merely a heartbeat, my heart wasn't ready to face this. I was not ready for this. How could she come with me so easily? How could she walk in and hug Father like nothing even happened? I had to go somewhere and breathe in.

I was walking so fast, more like a walk-run with a balled fist. Was I going to poke another hole in a tree? Going to the Blossom Tree would help me. I know it could. With the cold breeze and the fragrance of the place, I imagine it perfect.

I was hearing some voices, and conversations that I could make out what the topic was in an instant. The three Mullen siblings were paying attention to Lys and Rov, surrounding them. From the distances made, I had a glimpse of Rov with unbelief as his main emotion.

There was a problem here.

"What in God's name happened to you, babe?" Lys asked with panic and shock as she held his face with two hands.

Sometimes when you seek solitariness, the company of someone is what you need the most.

I approached them with interest and concern to know.

"No, someone tell me first what happened to me," he demanded, meeting everyone's look to seek for some answers. Apparently, we were all doing the same thing.

Angeni opened her mouth to talk, about to say something, the first word—about—was abruptly changed when she saw me. "Where have you been, Selene? We have been looking for you."

"More like, 'we have been missing you'," Rov corrected, showed a bright smile as soon as he noticed me.

"I fetched Mother," I answered, showing no hint of emotion. And fetched pure joy mixed with sadness and anger. I cocked my head to look at Lys and avoided my look. I caught her saying the same statement. Since when did she know what I would say? How could she read minds?

Wider grins somehow brightened me up after I replied.

"Good to hear that." Angeni gave her attention back to Rov. "Describe what you have seen and did," Angeni told him.

He cleared his throat as if he was about to make a crucial speech. Well, maybe it was crucial. Somewhat. "One word: frozen."

Angeni's eyebrows were raised in pure surprise. A mixture of incredulity and amazement. "That is quite an unusually great power of yours. You can freeze the time as well as everyone with it, too, indeed."

Rov had that auspicious look in him for the first five seconds. For the next, he was back to being curious again. "Any limitations? Boundaries that I shouldn't reach?"

"Just like me and everybody else living in this world, our abilities are not expected to come out whenever desired to. Sometimes, it's not with us. Sometimes, it's on our side. But believe in good luck and have faith, who knows you might suddenly control it completely."