Chapter 51

It was such a boring day, all of us were slouching, lying on the couch, doing nothing but blinking our eyes. The weather was just killing us softly. "Let's play a damn game!" Falysha yelled as she got up from the couch, destroying the silence.

"Oh my God, finally," I said, wiping my sweat through the sweltering afternoon. I asked about why the weather felt quite different today. This was the hottest temperature I had ever experienced that I never knew it actually existed. This was even worse than the driest dessert in the planet. Angeni briefly explained to us that this always come to pass usually once or twice in one year. Or so it seemed.

She stood then went to the kitchen to grab some beers. Already, Grigorov and Falysha knew the places and every position of the things here after living there for a week. And then she caught everyone's attention. We all looked and watched as she divvied the beers into glasses on the kitchen counter.

"What's she doing?" Tate whispered. He was sitting alone in a couch with no one beside or near him.

"These things are for the ones who can't do the dare. And, of course, to chill our bodies from the killer weather outside." I wasn't sure if she heard Tate.

"Oh," Tate responded excitedly.

"Dare?" Angeni repeated, putting up her legs on the couch.

"What? Yeah," Falysha looked at her. "We're gonna play truth or dare. Just like what we do in the past with my best friends," she grinned as she poured at the last glass. She grabbed all the six glasses of vodka then put it on the table positioned at the center of the couches.

"Is that vodka?" Alex asked. "Yeah, I even brought it all the way from New Jersey," she nodded at him as she put back herself from sitting.

"What's the mechanics of the game?" Eilif asked curiously.

"You pick whether truth or dare. And then one of us will tell you what you're gonna do or you'll simply answer our question."

"Sounds exciting," Eilif commented.

"Most especially because of the drinks," Rov was so impatient as to drink.

"We'll make the game harder," I said.

"Who plays first?"

No one volunteered but me only. "T or D?" She tilted her head to look at me.

"I'd forever rather truth."

"Wait," Lucas suddenly interrupted. "How can we know if someone who picked truth actually lied?" He asked, and it made sense.

"I'm not gonna lie," I shook my head.

"No, I'm not referring to you."

"I know, just saying." I looked at everyone, seeing if everyone or anyone was thinking besides the woman sitting beside me which was Falysha. I looked at Grigorov, but he was only staring at the air, hoping for an answer. I looked next at Tate, which exchanged looks with me and gave a shrug.

Then at Angeni, who looked serious. Then lastly took a peek at Abel, who was sitting beside Lucas on my right. I stared for a long time, and I knew he was thinking the deepest. And then he grinned all of a sudden, as if he was so proud to think an idea.

"I've got the answer," he spoke.

"What then is the key?" Lys looked at her brother, and emphasized the word 'key' in an amusing way, imitating the voice of an old person.

"We can use my sister's ability to read such minds."

Angeni snapped her fingers.

"Okay, so who's gonna ask a sensible question to me?" I raised both my eyebrows.

"Me," Angeni raised her hand quickly. "And I'm pretty sure this is sensible," she added. "I often wonder how you manage to act like a human in your world?"

"Well," I stopped and took a deep breath. "I always use contact lenses to cover my red pupils. Because there are times I wanted to drink blood even though I hate to. Contact lenses are for the eyes, and is originally made to use it instead of the eyeglasses. But this one doesn't give benefit but just a concealer."

"Who's next? Anyone?" I asked. "Everyone should play." If they intend to kill our joys, this would not be the right time.

"Alright, me," Rov volunteered. "And I pick dare," he smirked and let us feel the challenge in that smirk.

I had thought for a hard one that was perfect for him, but forgot it intentionally, since I wanted my two best friends to be very romantic. "I dare you to kiss the lips of your wife for one full minute," I challenged. My excitement was obvious in her face.

Lys reacted, then sighed. "Oh, please don't. I'm not yet ready," she begged.

"Then you'd take the drink for him," Angeni had unavoidably laughed.

"And we'll triple it for you," Tate grinned.

She nodded without speaking, and then touched a glass of vodka but she was immediately stopped by Lucas. He kissed her full on the lips and saved her sober body from it. Everyone gasped, astonished by what we were seeing. Then we all cheered by clapping and howling.

Both of their eyes were closed, especially Lys. I looked at Abel, Eilif, then at Angeni and Tate, giving a sign that I was going to do something quite not good to the couple. I stole his phone from his back pocket suddenly, then took a photo of them as fast as I could. The photo and moment was perfect. And I didn't want to miss it. Then, I was tempted to do more. I made it his home wallpaper, and showed it to everyone.

I just wondered why Rov didn't notice anything, maybe I was just too fast or Lucas didn't care at all. Neither Rov nor Lys noticed me returning his phone carefully and slowly. I returned to my seat.

Then we saw him having difficulty holding his breath after ten minutes. "Okay, okay. Stop," I gestured my hand.

Both of them stopped. Rov quickly disappeared then sat on the couch. "How was the kiss?" Tate asked, chuckling when he nudged him.

He glanced at him with joy in his eyes. "What do you mean by how? It was the best kiss, dude," he laughed with him. "I mean that was a wish come true."