Chapter 33

After almost two hours, we had arrived. Most of the visitors I knew were there, Vanessa seemed to invite the whole school.

We went inside the house because Vanessa might be there. There were more visitors inside, there was maybe twice the population of the people outside that we almost did not fit through the crowd. Loud music=dancing people.

We finally saw her busy talking to her friends about feet away from us.

"How could Vanessa be so rich?" Abel looked around the mansion. "I never saw this enormous house in my whole life."

"Her family owns one of the most successful companies ever," I said to his ear as necessarily loud as I could. I watched when the hired waiter served drinks to people, who could barely move through the crowd.

"Where's she?" He asked.

"She's out there talking. Let's go outside. The crowd's killing me."

We went outside to the back of the house where we found fewer people. There were more foods that was why I couldn't control my hunger anymore. And of course, the colorful candies made my eyes gaze at it. "Jellybeans," I clenched my teeth as I walked toward it.

I dug inside the bowl full of colorful jellybeans, then got my hand full of it. I quickly put it inside my mouth all at the same time, not even a single candy dropped.

"I'm a fucking goblin!" I imitated even the voice of that monster as I showered myself with irresistible jellybeans. It was when someone pulled my hand exactly in time as I was munching. 

Half of it dropped on the ground, like a necklace's beads that fell one by one. "Let's go, sis!" She said as she pulled my hand tightly.

"Wait," I failed to resist her grip. I looked at the face who pulled my hand, it was the princess. "Let me eat first your candies."

Vanessa stopped, but didn't drop my hand. She seemed to see Abel.

"Hey, hottie, welcome to my party," Vanessa said. Hearing that word made me stop from greedily eating.

He exchanged glances with me, then made his eyes narrow with suspicion. "Oh, you're Vanessa?"

"Yeah," she nodded her head.

"Happy birthday, then," he said loudly through the music surrounding the whole neighborhood, it just seemed.

"Aren't you gonna ask who he is?" I raised my eyebrow as I took his arm and held his hand.

Vanessa opened her mouth, her expression surprised. "Oh. . . So he is your boyfriend," she was funnily raising both eyebrows for three times saying: you're lucky you got the bull's eye.

Mixtures of different kind of noises filled the house, making us three difficult to hear what one said. "You two must marry each other very very soon."

I looked at him with an awkward smile on the face. "And do a honeymoon. I bet all of your children would be beautiful."

"We soon will," he responded as he glanced at me.

"Good," she grinned. "Anyway," she looked at me and pulled my hand for an attempt for a privy spot. "Bite me," she abruptly said after looking from side to side, being wary with the people around.

"Abel's going with us. He knows. He's one."

We started walking through the crowd, then went to a long and huge staircase. My, my, my, someday I'll be having one.

"Where are we going by the way?" I asked.

"My room," she replied, rushing to go there. And because there were hundreds of visitors, it was ineluctable to meet people on our way that made us constantly stop to avoid them.

"Are you sure it's somewhere private?" He asked, quickening his feet to follow us.

"I'm a hundred and one percent sure."

Now, we were near. And that made me say so because it was noticeable that there weren't people anymore and that it was lessening. Most especially of the sign that said 'off limits'. I counted the floors.

We were standing on the highest and the fifth floor. There were three rooms that my eyes had seen for only a short time. I could tell those might be the rooms where her family members slept. I was too shy to explore the whole mansion even though it was the fourth time for me to be in her mansion. Vanessa finally let go of her tight grip on my hand, telling that we were near her room.

There was one hidden room at the very corner of the floor, making it the fourth room.

"We're here," she told us as she turned the knob that revealed a wide and dark room. The lights flickered as she switched it on. There was a lot of paintings hung on the wall with deep meanings that I didn't have time to decipher but the thing most notable was  the biggest tv that it seemed to occupy the whole wall.

Vanessa fixed her loose hair and hid it inside her gown.

Abel saw as Vanesa did, and so he swiftly went to the balcony outside to spare the both of us a little privacy. "I'm ready," she whispered.

"This can be a little bit painful," I whispered. "But on second thought, this is my first time ever to bite a human."

"I don't care! Let's just get this over with," she irritably said.

I could feel sweat coming out of my pores, and anxiousness. . . And I had this ominous feeling. Ugh. Just a bad omen, Selene. I breathed deeply as I stared at her neck. At the flesh which I was going to hurt.

I cried and sobbed deep inside. I was never a hurter! And never in my whole life did I hurt people with no reason.

With my blood, sweat, and tears, fangs came out from my teeth without even me instructing it to do so and in just a heartbeat, it was gotten over with.

"You have any tissue or a handkerchief?"

"Here's one," she answered and handed me a tiny little handkerchief with. . . Ugh. Why do people love unicorns?

And so I wiped her neck, then looked at the fang marks very helplessly.

"Everyone and anyone may be looking for me now," Vanessa said as she suddenly went toward the door then left me after all I had done.

"Abel, can we go now?" I asked when I followed him to the balcony.

"Yeah, go ahead."

I turned my body then opened the door and shut it. I noticed that my hands were shaking uncontrollably as if I was ninety years old already. My vision started to blur, and what I could only see was a darkening thing as if millions of insects had invaded my sight. I could barely testify that there weren't any people in here. I swore I could scarcely even see, but it worsened after a second. I thought I was going to lose my balance or pass out again but I was wrong.

It was not for long that I was lucky to walk that I eventually lost my sight. I felt very dizzy that I fell to the ground, and fainted.