Chapter 11

I woke up six in the morning. I tried to chase sleep but it was too rude to outrun me. I moved from side to side lying down and to the center. I might never know maybe the problem was just my position in sleeping. I tried that for almost half an hour.

I didn't want to open my eyes. Never! Because I was the type of being that as soon as you open your eyes, sleep will go away. Even though I needed to make water in my sleep, I didn't care to be generous to do so. That's why I pissed first before I sleep.

And I, by no means, fall asleep as soon as I close my eyes as well. No, not ever! If that ever happens, that will be a miracle. And that's impossible. It didn't and never mattered how tired I was during a day. Even though I do a lot of things, for instance, spending a day in the gym, sleep wouldn't be gotten by me. I would never catch sleep.

And sleep was a bloody big deal to me.

So here I was, closing my eyes, pretending as if I was Sleeping Beauty for twenty crappy minutes! I quit, I quit, I quit.

I opened my eyes quickly and got up from the bed. I was so fast as if I was alarmed and something terrible was currently happening. Sometimes, I could be a real weirdo. But who cares when I wasn't affecting anyone at all but just me, myself, and I?

The hairs on my skin were rising because of the cold. Morning chills. But it was colder here than in the human's world. I think everything's 'er' here when comparing our world from the human's.

"Ugh!" I actually wanted to shout that. I mean, I more actually almost did. I slapped both my cheeks and cursed myself. As a matter of fact, sometimes, I could also be overreacting.

When I stepped out of the doorway and went outside the room, I tiptoed going to the stairs. Who knows maybe everyone was still asleep. Because usually in my other home, almost everyone's asleep by this time. What the heck, stop it, Selene! This is not the human's world, I irritably reminded myself.

I forgot the stairs were creaking, no matter how slow and careful you step on one. I was actually getting used to do it with my limp leg. And I've noticed, the pain decreased. Oh my, how lucky was I to be saved by a stranger. A sweet stranger.

I was beginning to hear some conversation. And I could make out the words, clearly. Just before I went here I actually have heard a word already.

"Wake her up, give this to her." I recognized Abel's voice, but I couldn't see him since their stairs were a bit long. I smiled wickedly. Why wouldn't you try to be a spy? Where did I get that idea?! But anyway, just for this time, Selene. Clarissa. Just for this time.

"Why won't you be the one?" Eilif said while I carefully went back up.

"Please, Eilif. Just for this time. What sort of a younger brother are you?" I couldn't help to laugh about that. Are you guys kidding me? Just for a simple thing?!

"The best sort. But seriously, vamp, do this and I swear to you, you'll earn a point from her." The sound was coming from the kitchen.

"Stop it, Eilif. I'm too embarrassed."

"Oh, come on! It's just broth! I'm even braver than you."

"Braver than you?" I heard him snickered. "I'll prove you wrong."

"That is the bravest answer I've ever heard."

I went to meet him by the stairs. A part of me was telling me to go back to bed and pretend so I will be the one to earn a point from him. An evil part of me. I didn't want to be served. That was only for a royal person.

"Y-you're awake," he smiled.

"Yeah," I tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Here's broth. I mean, let's eat now, shall we?"