Chapter 19

Gabe's POV:

I didn't know what to say. Not to mention that I didn't know what to do. Who was that dead body? And what the actual hell was going on right now. There was a silence between Evan and I, and tension was building up. What if Danielle was in danger? And why did that girl look exactly like her? Why did the ambulance officer not listen to what I had to say?

"Gabriel we need to find Danielle," Evan stated. 

"Ummm...we? I'm sorry but we  are not going to do anything together because I'm not sure if I can trust you !" I scoffed.

"You have to trust me Gabe. I'm on your side, I swear," he begged. 

I folded my arms and raised my eyebrows. The sun was setting and the rain had stopped, finally. I looked at Evan, staring right at him. I couldn't sense any form of lie. Was he on my side? And how could I be so sure? Has he even done anything to prove it? 

"How can I be so sure?" I asked. 

"Wraith didn't tell you?" he questioned. 

"Wraith knows?! He told me he didn't know anything!" I yelled. 

"I guess he didn't want to put your life in danger. But I won't tell you too much, or else you will not be safe. I was the one that told Danielle to leave this place," Evan confessed. 

I gaped, staring at him in disbelief. I knew he had something to do with this! I knew that him and Wraith were the ones that sent her away! I didn't want to get angry. I didn't want to end up killing this guy if he's apparently on 'my side'.

"You made her leave! You sent her away from us! How is that considered being on 'my side'?" I snapped. 

"Because I was trying to protect her Gabriel!" he shouted. 

"Protect her? You sent her away from her home?! Is that called protecting her?" I probed angrily. 

"Yes Gabe. Because staying at home is considered a risk to her life right now! If I didn't warn her...she would've been dead right now," Evan said. 

I was quiet for a few moments. I guess I was slightly guilty of accusing Evan without knowing the reason behind it. But now was not the time for sympathy I guess. Evan had a pleading look on his face. 

"Didn't you get in trouble..." I whispered. 

"Yeah...I got kicked out of my pack because of it...so I'm an Omega now, like Wraith," he explained.

This all reminded me of the past. It's like it's being repeated. Justine was in danger, and she disappeared. Wraith warned her and he got kicked out of his pack. And then she got killed...and if she did then that means Danielle possibly could. 

"What if the same thing that happened to Justine happens to her. Not eaten by you...but like...eaten in general. Do you know where she is?" I asked. 

Evan shook his head hopelessly. This was not good at all. Why would Danielle leave and just expect me to forget her and not search for her. I stared at the floor, trying to come up with a plan in my head. But there was more air in my skull than brains, so nothing useful was coming to my mind. 

"What do we do now? I've searched the whole neighborhood and I didn't find her. What makes you think that if we search again, she'll magically pop up?" I demanded. 

"We can't give up Gabe. She can't have gone to far. I know a place that I've been to a couple of times, and I have a feeling she could be there. They help people that need it, and very few know about that place. But I do...a few of them happen to be friends of mine," he replied.