Chapter 15

I told Gabe everything that day. About me being a werewolf...and about Wraith and Evan being werewolves as well. I told him about getting bitten and finding out who killed Justine. He was so shocked, but he managed to pull himself together. I told him everything...except one thing. 

Killing Dylan...I didn't tell him about that. I couldn't. I didn't want him to think of me as a monster like Dylan did. I didn't want him to get scared of me, and think that I will bite him too. I didn't want to lose him. I walked into the school gates alone today. Gabe's mother drove him to school today, and I didn't mind. 

When I walked into the building, Gabe was standing at his locker. He looked at me and smiled. A different smile. The type of smile where you're looking at somebody you love. I smiled back and walked towards him, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. I could finally be normal around him, because he knew the truth...well...most of it. 

"Hey Gabe..." I managed to say. 

"Is that all you could come up with?" he teased. 

"Oh shut up! I'm trying to act natural...the people in our school have mouths the size of battleships" I explained. 

"Battleships? That's a new one..." he scoffed. 

"Oh my god! Is today 'International Make Fun Of Everything Danielle Says' day?!" I laughed. 

Gabe laughed too, sliding his arms around my waist. I looked up at him and met his gaze. He had a weird look in his eyes. He had the same look on his face right before he kissed me and told me he loved me. His smile was so amazing, and it made me smile too. Gabe is the lord of involuntary actions. 

"Why do you have to be so perfect..." he whispered. 

I wasn't sure if that was a compliment...or a question. I didn't know what to say. I was blushing, but I didn't have any words. I wasn't perfect. I was anything but perfect. Gabe was perfect...he was kind, amazing and everything about him makes me smile and feel loved. But he doesn't know that one little flaw that I kept hidden from him. 

"I'm not perfect Gabe..." I said. 

"Yes you ar-"

"No I'm not Gabe. Just trust me on this. I'm far from perfect..." I mumbled. 

I didn't know what I felt like. Upset? Angry? I wasn't too sure. Gabe wrapped me in a hug, but he felt stiff. I didn't know if I wanted to be comforted or not. I didn't know anything. I didn't know what to do, or what to say, or what to even think. My mind felt blank for a moment, before I hugged Gabe back. 

"I...I'm sorry..." I stammered.

"No...it's fine Danielle. It's okay. I'm here for you..." he assured me. 

He let go of me and walked with me down the hallways. People walked past,  all minding their own business. For a moment, it felt like the world was just three people. Me...Gabe...and Evan, who was standing right in front of us now. I froze in my spot, looking at Evan angrily. Gabe did the same. He knew about what Evan did. Hopefully he knew how to keep his hidden aggressive nature locked away. 

"What do we have here...a violent teenage shit-bag and her sidekick dog," Evan muttered.

"You might wanna shut that fricken mouth of yours," Gabe snapped. 

"You seem in a very bad mood today. Perhaps you were told something you would rather have not heard?" Evan sneered, glaring at me. 

I had my hands in my pockets, and my heart was pounding. Everything about Evan made me want to punch him in the face. Killing Justine. Trying to kill me. Kissing me. Making me transform into a werewolf in front of Gabe. Making me feel guilty about killing Dylan. I. Wanted. Him. To. Die.