Chapter 6

I ran back to class stopping in front of the door. Anyone will easily notice that I was crying. I pulled out my phone and looked at my reflection. Nah...it wasn't obvious. My eyes don't stay teary or red for long. I walked in and sat down in my seat. Five minutes later, the bell rang for second period. I had this period with Wraith and Gabe. 

I got up hurriedly and ran to my next class. All I needed was to be next to Gabe. He was always the person to make me forget my worries. Gabe was already in his seat, waiting for me. I sat beside him and kept silent for a few moments. Wraith walked in and sat in his seat. I want to tell Gabe about the werewolf problem, but I can't if Wraith is right beside me. 

"How was first period?" I asked.

"Ummm...yeah...it was okay. Savannah was talking so much...the usual..." I stammered.

Our teacher walked in, so we fell silent. She has a 15 minute silent reading system. For all students in this class 'silent reading' means texting, fixing your makeup, gossiping, flirting with guys or doing the homework that you should've done at home. I pulled out a book and pretended to read.

"So Danielle..." Gabe whispered.

"What?" I probed.

"Are you going to tell me why you're crying?" he demanded.

Dang it. Why did he have to notice it so easily? Wraith must've heard me, because he was staring at me from the corner of his eye. I didn't want Gabe to know that I was crying. He'd cause a huge problem between him and Evan...which means he is going to get in huge trouble or even get suspended. 

"I...I'm not crying Gabe..." I lied.

"I'm not stupid Danielle. I can tell when you're upset..." he whispered.

"I'm not upset Gabe..." I decided.

Lying to Gabe was not an easy thing. He has like...a sixth sense when it comes to me. Where he can sense if there is any little tiny thing that is happening to me. He sighed and slid his hand into mine, grasping into it tightly. No, no, no, no Gabe. You are making this so much more fricken harder for me.  

"I'm here for you Danielle...tell me what's upsetting you..." Gabe begged. 

"Gabe...I don't want there to be trouble..." I managed to say.

"Hold on...is this about..." Gabe said stopping.

He let go of my hand and stood up. Shit! He must've figured it out. My teacher stared at him...well...pretty much EVERYONE stared at him. I grabbed his shirt and gave it a little tug, signalling him to sit down. But he didn't. His fists tightened and before I knew it, he ran out of the classroom.

"Gabriel! NO!" I yelled, chasing after him. 

I know he's going to start a fight with Evan. I didn't want him getting in trouble. I did want EVAN to get in trouble and be cursed for life...but Gabe shouldn't have anything to do with this. I ran after Gabe, who was already knocking on Evan's classroom door. He must've come up with a lie to get Evan out of class. 

Gabe grabbed Evan and dragged him away from the classrooms. The further they go from class...the bigger the fight will be. I ran faster. No, no, no this is not good at all! They went around a corner and I could hear their voices. 

"Listen Evan! You better stay the fuck away from her!" Gabe yelled.

"Or what? You're weak ass is gonna beat me up?" Evan scoffed.

Gabe fell silent for a few moments before slowly nodding his head. 

"Yes...exactly..." he whispered.

In one blink of an eyes, Gabe punched Evan in the jaw, making him lose balance and fall on the floor. Shit! Evan grabbed onto his jaw and got up, with anger and fury in his eyes. 

"You went too far Gabriel..." he threatened.

Evan threw himself onto Gabe, knocking him onto the ground and punching him repeatedly. I let out a gasp and tried to get the off each other. Evan pushed me away, which gave Gabe an opportunity to attack again. Gabe elbowed Evan in the chest, making Evan groan in pain. 

"Gabe! Evan! Stop!" I begged, grabbing onto Gabe's arm. 

"Danielle stay away or he might hurt you!" Gabe commanded.

Before I could say another word, I saw Wraith walking towards us. Evan immediately stood up and looked at Wraith in the eyes. It seemed like a long lasting staring competition. Wraith gutted his chin out and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Get to class Evan..." he said.

Evan looked like he was about to say something, but he didn't. He turned and walked off, going back to class like Wraith told him to. Wraith went back to class as well, leaving me and Gabe alone together in the hallway. He turned and faced me, his blue eyes looking right into mine. I threw my arms around him and hugged him tightly. 

"I don't want you getting hurt Gabe..." I whispered.

"I would do anything for you Danielle. I don't want you to keep ANYTHING away from me. Whatever it is that is going wrong...I can fix it. I can make you feel better. You just have to tell me what you need help with. Don't hide anything from me...please..." Gabe explained.

"I...I wont..." I said...which took a lot of effort.

I have to tell him... I told myself.

I really had to...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood in the middle of the streets. Gabe was at a party in Savannah's house, with a lot of people from my grade. I told him I wouldn't come...but I needed to talk to him. About the werewolf problem. He's the only person who can actually help me. He's the only person that I actually trust...

I crossed the road. I don't care if this cost me my life. If it mean that I'm going to be loyal to my best friend, then I'm willing to do it. Gabe has done so much things for me and the least I can do is to tell him what I'm hiding. I crossed the road and shivered. It was cold...but I was mostly scared as well.

I walked down a street alone. There was nobody there. Just me and the emptiness around me. I don't like being out alone at night. Just then I heard a growling noise coming from behind me. I froze in my spot. My heart was racing like crazy. I turned and there it was, staring right at me. I looked even more threatening up close. 

I let out scream and started running for my life. Hoe did it know that I'm going to tell. How did it know that I was on my way to the party just so I cant talk to Gabe about my werewolf issue. The creature stopped chasing me, but I kept running as fast as I could. I know it isn't behind me anymore...but I couldn't seem to stop. 

Just then Wraith appeared, holding onto my hand and hiding me behind a brick fence...again. I panted and was quivering with fear. It seemed like Wraith was saving me from death. I looked at him while he peeked over the fence. We stayed silent for a few moments, so I kind of closed my eyes and left myself in his arms. 

"Where's the werewolf Wraith..." I asked. 

"Right beside you Danielle..." he replied.

"Wait...what?!" I said confusedly. 

"I'm so sorry Danielle..." he whispered.

Just then a shot of pain went down my neck, making me let out a loud scream. I wasn't able to see, hear or even do anything before the whole world went black right before my eyes...