Chapter 11

I walked into the school gates the moment that the bell rang. How many classes did I miss? God knows. I saw Gabe walk out of class alone. I ran towards his and hugged him from behind cheerfully. I felt so much better after I everything out at Wraith's house. Gabe turned and glared at me...angrily.

"Where the hell were you Danielle?!" he yelled. 

"Is everything okay Gabe?" I asked. 

"Um...excuse me?! Everything is not okay! Nothing has been okay for the past few days! You know what...never mind. I know where you were...and I don't wanna hear it from you," he muttered. 

He turned and just...walked off. No. I did not want a fight with Gabe! He was my best friend, and I don't want him to get angry at me. Gosh, missing my classes was a terrible idea. And I can't tell him why I skipped them, because it could all possibly go wrong. I ran after him. I had to stop him before I get a repeat of what happened in the past. I didn't want him to hate me and become like...Evan. 

"Gabriel! Wait!" I yelled as he entered the parking lot. 

He didn't listen to me. My mother wasn't picking us up today, so I'm expecting him to go back to his house, rather than coming over to mine. I decided to follow him. Follow him all the way home until he decides to listen to me. I walked slowly behind him, looking down at the ground. He stopped, until I caught p to him, and walked right beside me. He didn't say a single word though. 

We got to my house. I guess he's staying at my house after all. I wasn't sure if he'd forgiven me or not, but I hope he did. We walked in, and my mother wasn't home. She must be at work in that case. We went upstairs to my room, where Gabe slumped onto my bed. His gaze met mine, but it wasn't too long before he looked away. I sat beside him and avoided eye contact. 

"Are you going to tell me the truth Danielle," he said. 

"I didn't feel like taking that lesson..." I managed to say. 

"Really?! So you fricken miss the lesson and leave the school with WRAITH! Without telling me! So now he's your best friend all of a sudden?! Now he's the guy you're going to skip classes with to go out and talk together?!" he sneered. 

He seemed so furious. I slightly moved away from him. I hadn't been yelled at by Gabe in years. And believe me it isn't pleasant. I don't like Gabe being angry at me. But I can't tell him the truth or he'll wonder how Wraith knows about Danielle. He'll find out about werewolves, and he's never trust me again. 

"Gabe it isn't like that-"

"Hell yeah it is! Have you not noticed that you've been spending time a lot with him lately?! And it's fricken killing me Danielle! That I've been replaced by a guy that you didn't even know a week ago! That one little conversation made you two the best of friends. And then you forget about me! I've been there for you all along!" Gabe shouted. 

"Gabe please!" I begged. 

"Please what?! The only thing you can do now is tell me the truth! Tell me what on earth you and Wraith were doing! And tell me what you've been trying to hard form me for the past while! If you're truly my best friend...then tell me!" Gabe demanded. 

I closed my eyes and let out an annoyed sigh. I can't tell Gabe this. Why on earth is he making this so much harder for me? Why is it so hard to hide something from Gabe? Why does he want to find out about something that'll cost him his life. I looked at Gabe desperately. He needed to understand. 

"Gabe. I can't tell you this!" I said. 

"Why are you hiding this from me?! You can't keep it hidden from me!" Gabe yelled.