Chapter 16

A/N:

Gosh I know I am going to REGRET republishing this. I have no idea how much times I unpublished this, but it's more than once for sure. I'm finally confident with my choice, and this book is gonna stay (It's about time I made up my mind). Hoping I could successfully add in a plot twist. Things are going to change, and the perspective of story will be different. Perhaps Gabe's POV could accomplish that?

****************************

Gabe's POV:

I walked home alone today, because Danielle had after school classes. I didn't think that she could possibly be the one that killed Dylan. I didn't even think Dylan was dead. I didn't feel too happy though. Accusing Danielle of murder and breaking my trust without knowing the story behind it was such a shameful thing to do. I hate thinking that maybe it made her feel worse. 

But she was still perfect to me. No matter what she did or said, I still loved her and felt for her the same way I had always did. After hiding my feeling from her for so long, I was glad to have confessed it all to her and discover that she felt for me in the same way. I hoped that Wraith and Evan don't try tearing the two of us apart. 

I continued walking slowly. I wasn't in a hurry to get home or anything. My parents aren't expecting me home any time soon. They're usually used to me going outdoors with Danielle or spending the night at her house. I almost thought I heard somebody call my name. I turned around, looking in the direction of the noise. 

Nobody was there. I could've sworn it was real. I furrowed my eyebrows and shoved my hands in my pocket, ignoring it and continuing to walk. I could hear the sound of footsteps behind me. I turned around again, finding myself face to face with Wraith. I gutted my chin out and stared at him. What did he  want from me?

"You and her made a terrible mistake Gabriel," he said. 

"Leave us alone Wraith," I muttered. 

There was an unpleasant smile on his face, making me feel uncomfortable. 

"Oh I will..." he scoffed, "...once I do what needs to be done."

And with that he grabbed onto me and dug his face in my neck, sending a shot of pain down my spine. I hoped that he didn't do what I thought he did. I had gotten the answer to my question because before I knew it, the world went dark right before my eyes. 

Danielle's POV:

I walked out of my class, pulling out my phone to call Gabe. I was glad he was able to understand me and trust me even after he found out that I killed Dylan. He makes me believe that there is still good in this world. I tapped his contact and held the phone up to my ear, waiting for him to answer. 

"Hey it's Gabe...I don't seem to be available right now. Leave a message if you please,"

I hung up. That was his answer machine, so I guess he can't take my call now. That's odd. Even if he's in the middle of a hurricane, he'd answer my calls. What's holding him back now? I called him again, but I still didn't get an answer. I gave up and was just about to text him, before I heard a growling sound behind me. 

"Wraith?" I said, not turning around. 

"D-danielle...h-help me..." a deep voice managed to say. 

I turned around and gasped. It was Gabe. He had blood running down his neck, and fangs hanging out of his mouth. His eyes were glowing a bright yellow, and his breaths were coming out as growls. He was a werewolf?! Who did this to him?!

"G-gabe!" I exclaimed. 

"It hurts Danielle please!" he cried. 

"Get up, let's get you somewhere safe," I begged.