Chapter 9

Gabe pulled away, smiling. I can't tell him about this. If anyone else finds out, I'll be doomed. Wraith will probably destroy me into little bits. Nah...he said he doesn't want to hurt me. I looked at Gabe, smiling back. Even through all the stress about telling him, I feel happy. I feel better. Man...having a guy best friend was probably one of the best decisions I have ever made. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Savannah was absent. Even though she talks SO much, it feels so weird when she isn't there. The class seemed so quiet when she wasn't there. She usually talks so much that I barely notice the guy sitting next to me. Not that I cared, he wasn't my type. Barely anyone was my type. Most of them get jealous when I spend my time with Gabe, and I was not going to sacrifice Gabe for a boyfriend. EVER!

I had this period with Evan, who was sitting at the front of the class. He kept looking over his shoulder at me, giving me death glares. I didn't like having classes with him. I always feel unsafe...and Savannah's constant talking wasn't there to distract me. Oh where was Gabe when I need him. He would've like...held my hand and comforted me. 

I raised my hand and asked to go to the bathroom. I would do ANYTHING to get as far as I can from Evan. I ran this time, in case he thought about following me. I just hate him so much. Hate is actually such an understatement. I despise him and wish he death. He wishes mine too though. 

I stopped and looked down. It's so sad that once upon a time...he was my best friend. That a person who despises me once loved me so much. That Evan and I were once inseparable. What happened...what changed him? I looked up and found him right there in front of me. He had an explainable look on his face. 

"Can I speak to you Danielle...please..." he said.

I never thought I'd hear him say 'please' again. Whatever made him say it, it must be important. I nodded him head hesitantly. He smiled and led the way. He SMILED! What is up with him today? I followed him, unsure of where we were going. We walked out from the back of the school. Weird...no one uses that exit anymore. 

We kept walking until we got into the old building behind the school. It was once the primary campus, but no one uses it anymore. We built a new campus, and no one came to break this one down. We walked into the building, which was surprisingly unlocked. I thought they would close it, but I guess I was wrong. We walked into a room and Evan closed the door.

"So...umm...what is it you want to talk to me about?" I asked.

"When were you going to tell me you were a werewolf?" he blurted.

I gaped. How on Earth did he find out? I didn't even tell Gabe yet! How did Evan manage to find out. I was speechless...unsure of what on earth I should say right now. He had a stern look on his face, and he didn't have a smile on his face anymore. I guess he was being nice just to trick me into coming here with him. 

"How did you-"

"Just answer the damn question Danielle!" he demanded.

"Why on Earth would you expect me tell you?!" I yelled.

He looked like a mix between surprised and angry. He honestly did not make sense right now...and I did not feel safe being alone with him in a old, forgotten building.  

"In case you haven't noticed Evan...we aren't FRIENDS anymore..." I managed to say. 

Now he looked slightly hurt. Could he be hurt? Could Evan Matthews feel pain? I don't think so. He tightened his fists, staring at me in silence. My eyes softened, and I let out a sigh, looking into his eyes.