Chapter 26

*You guessed it...not edited*

Danielle's POV:

I walked out of the dark attic like place. Wraith was walking beside me, inspecting his surroundings for any possible attacker. You can barely even walk without feeling like you're being watched. Wraith walked in front of me, taking slow and cautious steps. 

"Come on...the sooner we get out of here, the sooner we'll be safe," he said. 

"Okay..." I whispered. 

I kept silent and followed him like a little duckling. I was scared. Scared of having to put up with all this. I didn't want to get hurt, and neither did Wraith. I couldn't sense the Alpha anywhere nearby so that was a relief. But how could I be so sure. God knows what tricks that monster has up his sleeve. 

"Do you know where we're going?" I asked. 

"I'm taking you right back to Scarlet and Callum. It's the only safe place here," Wraith replied. 

"But Wraith. It'll only get more people in danger-"

Wraith immediately turned around and grabbed onto my shoulders, immediately making me fall silent. He stared at me sternly, keeping me in his tight grip. I didn't say anything wrong did I. I was only reminding him of the fact that he is getting more people in danger. 

"There's something you need to understand Danielle. I am taking you to an underground dungeon where two people are going to take care of you. A place where absolutely no one in the outside world can hear, see or smell your scent. In what way does that fricken sound dangerous to you?" Wraith explained. 

I kept quiet as Wraith slowly let go of me. He didn't look away though. His eyes were staring right into mine. Wraith's eyes softened and he let out a sigh. I looked down at the ground, feeling the slightest bit embarrassed.

"You should keep in mind that your selflessness is getting you into trouble Danielle. If you had stayed with Scarlet and Callum, none of this would've happened. The Alpha would have never found you, and you would've been safe," he stated. 

He turned and kept walking. I followed him before coming to a stop. He turned and looked at me, raising his eyebrows. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes and I felt my heart sank a little. Wraith let out another sigh, shoving his hands in his pockets. 

"What is it Danielle?" he probed. 

"All of this is my fault..." I decided. 

"No it isn't Danielle. Stop blaming yourself for all this mess," Wraith begged. 

I looked at him with teared filled eyes. No one seems to understand what I men. They all think I'm being senseless when they just simply don't see things from my point of view. I shook my head, letting out a sniff. 

"What if it is my fault?! Who am I meant to blame if all of this is truly my fault! Because I know that none of this will have happened if I had kept my mouth shut! You warned me Wraith...you told me not to tell anyone this secret. If only I had listened to you then none of this would have happened. It all started when I told Gabe. I was the one that put people in danger to start with. I was the one that made contact between the werewolf and the human world. It was all me! It's all my fault!" I yelled. 

The tears were running down my cheeks now. Wraith was quiet, because he knew I had a point. He secretly knows that all of this is my fault. He just doesn't want to admit it. I wiped the tears from my eyes hopelessly. Wraith placed his hand softly on my shoulder, forcing out a smile. 

"Hey...it's not your fault, believe me. It's not your fault that you're a masked alpha. You are not to blame for all of this. I want you to understand that. And I want you know that everything will be okay..." he whispered.