Chapter 20

Gabe's POV:

I walked with Evan through the woods. It was dead silent, and none of us dared to speak a word. We haven't spoken ever since what happened in the past. Our conversations were just a series of insults and words of hatred. Maybe when we find Danielle, the three of us can be how we were in the past. Best friends...

"Do you miss her..." I randomly said out of the blue. 

He stopped and looked at me quietly, raising his eyebrows. Maybe this was a weird question to ask, but it felt to more weird not to talk. 

"Miss who?" he asked. 

"Justine..." I said in a near whisper. 

I felt hurt. Even mentioning her name seemed painful to me. And here I am stuck with the the belief that I will never see Danielle either. I wanted them both to be remembered. I wanted it to feel  as if they were alive. Because they both seem dead in everyone's eyes. Evan sighed and shoved his hands in his pockets. 

"Yes I do Gabe. Believe me, it may not seem like I do...but deep inside I feel torn apart because she isn't by my side," he replied. 

"Then why did you do it? Why did you kill her?" I probed. 

"I have no idea what I was thinking. If I didn't kill her...then my alpha and pack would have. I wasn't thinking properly...it was like I didn't have control over my own body. I felt my mind go blank, and when I snapped back to reality, I found myself standing over Justine's semi-eaten body. And I was just shocked...stuck between accepting and letting go, or completely losing my mind. So I let go...and I still don't know what happened to me that day, and I don't think I want to find out..." he explained. 

I was speechless. I guess no one will ever know what happened that day. I noticed a few tears in Evan's eyes. I wasn't sure if I'd ever see Evan cry in my life, but he was. He looked so broken...perhaps he was hiding it from everyone all along. 

"Dude...I didn't know...why didn't you tell us that?" I asked. 

"I guess it was fear. Maybe I was scared you guys wouldn't believe me and let go of me anyways. I was scared you guys would accuse me of many other things that I didn't do. So I started being mean to all of you so you could keep your distance. So that you stay away and avoid being close to me..." Evan stammered. 

He wiped the tears from his eyes and looked down at the ground. He seemed too embarrassed to look right at me. It's weird how other guys find it wrong to cry. 

"I've tried to apologize to Danielle...I tried to talk to her and tell her what really happened. I wanted her to understand that what happened wasn't my fault, and that everything I did was to protect her. But every time I tried to speak to her, she would throw a bunch of insults at my face. Then the same thing happens. I lose control over myself and find myself trying to kill her. I don't know what it is controlling me, but I'm sick of it messing with my life..."

"And when it wasn't controlling me, I was nice to her. I asked her to be my friend and I even tried kissing  her. But she didn't want to listen to anything I wanted to say. So I continued being heartless, because there was nothing to set my heart to. Because I don't have a place in anyone's heart anymore..." 

"Sometimes...I just wish I could go back in time. I wish I could turn back time and take back every single bad decision I've ever made. I would tell Justine I was a werewolf and try stop her from getting hurt. I would stop myself from letting go of you and Danielle. I would leave my stupid my pack so I can be alone and free. I want to prevent all the bad stuff that have happened to me and all of my friends..." Evan said, his words eventually trailing off. 

He let out a sigh. I wanted to say something to comfort him, but guys aren't good with things like that. He still avoided looking at me, and he took his hands out of his pockets. It feel both good and bad for starting this conversation. I felt good, because I was able to find out the truth. And I felt bad because it seemed like it hurt a lot for him to let out so much. 

"I didn't know you felt that way. I don't know anything you're going through anymore..." I whispered. 

"Yeah...that's right. I want to go back to the days where we did know what was going on with one another. I want to go back to the days where you, me, Justine and Danielle were best friends. I want to go back to the days where I had nothing to do with the werewolf world. I want to go back to the days where we were all happy teenagers. I want to go back to the days where everything was perfect...but I can't..." he sobbed. 

"Evan listen. When we find Danielle we'll do all that. We'll all be best friends again and I promise you that we will become how we were when everything was perfect. We just have to solve this..." I assured him. 

"That's the thing Gabe. We're done...we can't find Danielle. We cant solve any of this, it's just too complicated..." he muttered. 

He can't be losing hope now. And he still kind of hurt. Man sometimes I wish I was a girl. Girls can hug one another without anyone complaining. But the second guys hug, they're suddenly gay. I placed a hand on Evan's shoulder and looked at him sternly in the eye.

"Listen Evan. We are  going to solve this," I stated. 

"You don't know what you're dealing with Gabe. You literally have no clue what you're bringing yourself into. And if I don't tell you you'd be a lostie, but if I do, you'd be in danger," he said. 

"Then TELL ME! Gosh, I don't want to be the outcast. I don't care if it puts my life in danger. I'm willing to put my life at risk to help all of you. Now tell me everything!" I demanded. 

I was being honest. I was sick of being in the safe zone. I was sick of being left out so I could be safe. I wanted to know. I wanted to be able to help everybody be happy again. Evan looked at me and nodded his head, agreeing to help me. I let out a sigh of relief and listened. 

"You have to understand Gabe, what we're fighting is way stronger than me, you and Wraith combined. Most werewolves call it the Sadistic Alpha, meaning that it finds pleasure when inflicting pain and suffering on others. It finds pride in killing every single Alpha that exists and take away their power," Evan started. 

"Alphas? Hold on...does that mean..." I stated before getting interrupted. 

"Yes. Danielle is part of the Masked Alphas. She's someone who doesn't know she's an alpha, and doesn't know how much power she has inside her. I always knew her scent had a strong kind of twist to it, and now I'm sure of it. That beast is after her, her friends, her family and anyone else associated with her. So I told her to leave. Run. Escape. To go as far away as she can so that the monster chasing her doesn't capture her," Evan said. 

"You were only warning her...so why did your Alpha kick you out of the pack?" I asked. 

Evan looked at me silently and kept a straight face. He seemed more serious than he was before, although all I asked was a simple question. 

"Because he is  the Sadistic Alpha..." Evan whispered. 

*******************************************

A/N:

End of chapter. Hope you liked it. And I am literally soooo sorry for not updating in like...9 days? I'm an asshole XD. Anyways make sure to vote and recommend. Do you still think of Evan in the same way? What do you think will happen? Let me know in the comments.

Love you all so much xx

-Reem <3