Chapter 18

Danielle's POV:

I was running as fast as my feet could take me. Tears running down my cheeks. A heavy heart, making it harder to escape. Pain was going through my body, mostly pain of letting go...and also pain from the wound that went 2 inches deep into my arm. My sleeve was drenched with blood, and the helplessness of my condition made me want to drop dead onto the ground. 

I was trying to run away...trying to flee from the monster that was haunting me at this very moment. I looked behind me, only to realize that the enemy was catching up. 

"Let me go!" I begged. 

But it'll take much more than words to escape. I was struggling, but I wasn't ready to give up. I wasn't ready to completely let go. 

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" I cried. 

But it didn't even care to listen...

Gabe's POV:

Rain was pouring from the cloudy skies over my head. My hair dropped onto my forehead, and my clothes were completely wet. She can't be gone. She can't have left me. She was there with me...and then an hour later she just...disappeared. This can't be happening. She can't have let go...

I was in front of Wraith's house again. He wasn't home but I could sense him getting closer and closer. He must be returning from whatever place he was at. And there he was, standing right in front of me. He had a blank expression on his face, as if wondering why the hell I was here. But he knew exactly why.

"Gabriel Michaels...I figured I'd never see you after what happened," he said dryly. 

"What did you do to her?" I demanded. 

"Huh?" he probed. 

"I said what the fuck did you do to her you jerk?!" I yelled. 

I jumped at him and knocked him to the ground, my hands gripping onto his neck tightly. I didn't care if I was hurting him. I didn't care if I was killing him. My eyes were glowing, and my nails were digging into Wraith's throat. He opened his mouth to say something, but he couldn't. I loosened my grip ever so slightly, in case it was about Danielle. 

"Let go of me!" he managed to say. 

"Not until you tell me everything!" I shouted.  

"Well I don't know anything!"  he sneered. 

"LIAR! THAT'S BULLSHIT!" I growled. 

He cant try to hide the truth. I heard what Evan and him were saying. They were the ones that sent her away. They were the ones that forced her to leave. My bloody was boiling. Maybe because this felt so familiar. Maybe because I didn't want to feel the way I did again. Maybe the past is being repeated again. 

Wraith managed to kick me off him, and he sat up, gasping for breath. I could see his wounds slowly sealing shut, until there was just blood on his neck. He lifted his head up and looked at me, gutting his chin out. 

"Where is she?!" I demanded. 

"Where is who?" he said. 

"You know damn well who I'm talking about! Where is Danielle? What did you do to her? What did you tell her?!" I yelled. 

"I didn't do anything! I don't know  anything!" he sneered. 

I stared at him in silence. Liar. That was the only word stuck in my head right now. I tightened my fists, letting out a long breath. I didn't want this to be happening. I did want to accept the theories that my mind was making up. Wraith walked into his house, leaving me outside in the pouring rain. I wasn't going to give up...I know I can find Danielle somehow.