Chapter 17

Gabe's POV:

Now I was actually going home. I was pretty cautious of my surroundings at a time like this. The last thing I want is to have Wraith or Evan jump out at me and try to kill me once again. Danielle went home too. Well, at least she said she did. I truly hoped that she wasn't on her way to beat Wraith's ass. He could kill her. I stopped right in my tracks and looked down. 

Shit.

I turned and ran towards Danielle's house at full speed. I tried not to go abnormally fast, but fast enough so that I could get there on time. Was she really going home? Or was she going to try fight Wraith on her own. You could never be too sure of what this girl could be up to. It would take her less time to get to her house than it takes me to get to mine. So if she isn't home, then that's an issue. 

I got to her house and opened the door with the spare key. Thank god I have that. I barged in and looked around. Not in the kitchen. Not in the living room. I ran upstairs. She wasn't in any of the rooms either. Fuck. I sprinted out of the house, locking the door quickly. She could get seriously hurt. God knows how long Wraith has been a werewolf, and god knows how strong he is. 

"Danielle! Danielle can you hear me?!" I yelled. 

I knew she could. I knew she had werewolf hearing and all that stuff. I do too. I can't afford her getting hurt again. Physically and  emotionally. No one was in this street, so I sped up. To a point that no one should be running this fast. 

"Danielle! Stop, please!" I begged "You'll only make it worse!"

But she didn't answer me...

Danielle's POV:

I could hear Gabe calling my name. I chose to ignore him. I wasn't going to let him stop me from teaching Wraith a lesson. He hurt  Gabe. He bit him. He'll turn him into a vicious creature if he's willing to. But that's not what Gabe should be. Gabe was meant to stay human...and I don't want him to end up like me. 

I was on my way to Wraith's house. I'll bet he picked up my scent the second I walked out of the school. He knows that I'm coming. I'm certain of it. I could feel my eyes glowing, but it didn't bother me. No human was here anyways. I could feel my fangs growing, and the claws slicing through my fingers and growing as well. 

Time to do what should have been done ages ago. Get revenge for me. Get revenge for Gabe. And get revenge for every single werewolf that has died because of Wraith's bite. I stopped and sniffed the air. I could smell the scent of a cold-hearted and bitter monster. I looked at one of the bushes near the footpath.

"Evan..." I growled.

"Well I saw everything that happened. Quite amusing...don't you think?" he scoffed, getting out of his hiding spot. 

"You better not have anything to do with this!" I snapped. 

"About Gabe getting bitten? No, I would never bite him! Why would I do such a thing? I mean...eating is more my specialty..." he teased. 

I gutted my chin out and glared at him angrily. I guess if he ever tries to regain my trust, I can use this against him. I tried my best to try not to rip his head off right now. I needed all the energy I could get to fight Wraith. I wasn't going to waste it on an annoying imbecile like Evan. 

"If you have anything to say, save it for later. I'm quite busy right now," I said with teeth clenched. 

"Oh, not too fast princess," he whispered, taking a step right in front of me. 

He was facing me, his face inches away from mine. I didn't have time for him now. If I didn't get to Wraith in time, Gabe was going to find me and try to stop me from getting revenge. Evan grabbed onto my hand really tightly, making me flinch. I could slowly feel his nails digging into my skin, making blood run down my arm.