Chapter 13

Wraith came quite quickly. I was worried, and unsure about what on earth I should do. Wraith came running down my street about a minute after I called him. He panted and stopped right in front of me, looking into my eyes. 

"What happened?" he asked. 

"H-he saw me Wraith. That kid in our grade...Dylan...he saw me. He's a bigmouth...and he can tell everyone about what he saw tomorrow!" I exclaimed. 

Wraith bit his lip, shoving his hands in his pockets. He tapped his foot, and the sound was filling my ears. Quite irritating to be honest. I stared at Wraith desperately. I like to get answers quickly. I hated when people took an eternity to decide on something. 

"Danielle...you have to bite him..." Wraith decided. 

"What?! Wraith you know I can't do that!" I yelled. 

"You have no choice Danielle. It's the only way we could stop a guy like Dylan. He could be on his way to one of his friends' houses right now. You have to bite him and let it be over," Wraith explained. 

I felt uneasy. I didn't want to bite Dylan. I wasn't really friends with him, but he was a really nice guy that treated everyone right. It seemed too hard. To hurt someone that has never done anything bad for me in the past or present. To possible kill a person who has family, friends and relatives that love him. No...I couldn't do this. 

"I...I can't Wraith..." I whispered. 

"That's what I said the first time I was told to bite somebody. But you've got to learn something in life Danielle. That when it comes to situations like this...it's either your life...or theirs," Wraith said. 

"What about his friends and family? How hard is it going to be for them?" I probed. 

"You can't ALWAYS think of others Danielle. When Dylan tells someone, the hunters will come for you and kill you. I'll stand at your grave and wonder...how hard is it going to be for YOUR family? How hard is it going to be for YOUR friends? The people who love you so much and always stay by your side..." Wraith stated. 

I knew he was trying to remind me of the friendship between Gabe and I. I felt weak deep inside, but I tried to cover it up as much as I could. I couldn't do this. I can't kill people. I'm not a murderer. I looked at Wraith sternly and gutted my chin out.

"Listen. Do not use Gabe as an excuse to get me to do something! Don't remind me of Gabe and expect me to do evil and heartless things!" I shouted. 

"Danielle!" Wraith growled. 

His eyes glowed for a moment before settling down. He held onto my hands, his eyes glued to mine. His hands were warm and soft, compared to my cold ones. He let out a sigh, letting go of my hands after snapping back to reality. 

"Danielle...what you're doing isn't evil or heartless. Is self defense evil? Saving all the hidden werewolves out there...is that considered as heartless..." Wraith whispered. 

I shook my head. 

"Sometimes...you have to sacrifice something small to save the majority..." Wraith explained "You understand that Danielle?" 

"Y-yeah...but I'm not gonna kill him...am I?" I asked. 

"I don't know yet. You're just going to bite him, and we'll have to see what happens. You recently became a werewolf...so I don't think your venom is strong enough to kill someone...yet," Wraith muttered. 

"Okay...I'll do it," I finally decided. 

Wraith nodded his head and placed his hand on my shoulder. He smiled, making me feel a little more safe inside. He looked down at the floor, like he was too afraid to make eye contact right at this moment. Never mind, I thought too soon. He was looking at me again.