Chapter 2

I tapped my pen against my desk, looking up at the clock. Fifteen more minutes until the end of school day. Wraith didn't sit with us during breaks. I tried looking for him, but he was no where to be seen. I had Geography now, so he wasn't sitting beside me either. I was sitting next to Savannah, who would not stop talking.

"I honestly don't understand why you love doing that Flying Fox thingy. What if the harness unclips halfway through? Has that thought never crossed your mind?" she mumbled.

"That can't possible happen Savannah. The harness has a system in it that doesn't allow both clips to unbuckle at the same time. And as long as there's strong pressure or contact on the clips then they won't undo," I explained.

I rolled my eyes. Savannah is a great friends, but she can be so annoying sometimes. At times, I question how on Earth I managed to put up with her. Once she starts talking she doesn't stop. It's like a fly bussing in your ear and you want to shut it up...resiting the urge to kill it. Savannah  was silent for a moment, staring at me blankly.

"But what if it does break?" she blurted.

"I'll fall and die! Does that answer your question? Now shut up and do your work!" I snapped.

"There's no point...the bell is going to ring any secon-"

BRINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I groaned and picked up my things, walking out of the classroom. Gabe ran towards me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I really needed that, considering the fact that this has been the worst first day of school ever. We walked towards our lockers and grabbed our bags, heading out the doors.

"I ha-"

"Hate school. I know...it fricken sucks," Gabe interrupted.

"You know me too well Gabriel Michaels," I stated.

He smiled proudly and nodded his head. We made our way to the car park, where my mother was waiting for the two of us. She was sitting in the car, looking down at her phone as usual. She saw us coming and placed her phone aside, greeting us with a wide smile. We got in the car and I sat with Gabe in the backseats.

"Hey mum," I mumbled.

"Hey Natalie!" Gabe exclaimed enthusiastically.

"Hey there you two. How was first day of school?" my mum asked.

"Look at Danielle for an answer. Her face says it all," Gabe laughed.

I was frowning, with an annoyed pout on my face. My mother looked at me and started laughing. Yeah, yeah, laugh while I suffer in silence. I fastened my seatbelt and sighed, leaning my head on Gabe's shoulder. School always leaves me tired as hell. Gabe wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him.

"Rest In Peace, Danielle Parker," he said, letting out fake sobs.

"Shut up Gabriel," I muttered.

"Well Gabe. Are you stying at our place or are we going to drop you off at home?" my mum probed.

"I'm afraid I have to go home Natalie. I have plans with my family tonight. Tomorrow I'll spend the night at your house for sure," Gabe decided.

"No problem," my mother said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lay down on my bed, scrolling through Instagram. My homework was done, I had finished my dinner, and now I have nothing to do. If Gabe was here, things would have been way more different. We would have been doing something crazy for sure. I sighed and placed my phone on my bedside table. It was almost 9:30pm, and I wasn't sleepy at all.

I got up and wore my tracksuit, and my Nike shoes. I grabbed my phone and went downstairs. I had to waste my time...or get myself to be tired and sleepy. My mother was on the sofa watching television with my dad.

"Where are you going Danielle?" my father asked.

"On a walk...maybe I can get myself some sleep or something," I said.

"Ok then...be careful though," my mother warned.

I nodded my head and walked out, closing the door right after me. The sky was clear and the stars were out. The moon was out, yet to be completely full. I started walking along the footpath, watching every single step I took. One. Two. Three. Four. I sighed and pushed my hair out of my face. Being alone at night is the most boring thing in the world.

I heard a weird noise coming from somewhere nearby. Like a little growl. Guard dog? No...none of the houses in the block owned a guard dog. I walked around the corner and stopped. What on earth was that? My heart was racing really fast. Right in front of me was a frightening creature.  It's back was arched, and it had thick hair on the sides of it's face.

The animal turned and faced me. There they were. Two glowing yellow eyes staring right back at me. I let out a frightened scream, turning and running. I wasn't sure if it was chasing me, and I was too scared to check. I ran faster and faster. What if that creature could kill me? I didn't want to die...not yet.

I wanted to scream out for help, but whenever I opened my mouth, it slammed shut again. I wasn't really able to scream. It's like there was a barrier between my voice box and my mouth. I was still too afraid to see if the creature was chasing me. If it was, then hopefully it doesn't catch me.

Just as I sped up a little more, something pushed my to the ground and dragged me behind brick wall...or fence, to be more specific. It placed it's hand over my mouth, and it's other arm was wrapped around me tightly. I pushed and shoved, trying to escape it's grip. It let go of my mouth, so I looked up to see who or what it was.

"Wraith?"

"Shhh..."

So I kept quiet and stayed in Wraith's arms as he peered over the wall. He let out a sigh of relief and loosened his grip around my waist. He pushed me away gently and grabbed onto my shoulders. His grey eyes searched for mine, staring right into them.

"Are you okay?" he asked worriedly.

"Y-yes..." I replied.

"Did that creature see you?" he probed.

"Yes it did..."

"Shit..." Wraith whispered.

I was curious. After all that happened, I had to find out everything. That creature could have killed me. I looked at Wraith and tightened my fists.

"Wraith, what was that creature?!" I demanded.

"I'll tell you everything...but not here. It isn't safe..." he said.

"Then where?" I asked.

"Come...we'll go to my place..." he decided.

Well...there goes my normal life...