Chapter 22

Danielle's POV:

Maybe I made a bad choice. Maybe I was making the wrong decisions all along. Maybe one wrong decision resulted in this whole mess. Whenever I try to protect others, I find myself running for my life. Maybe I'm scared of dying. Because I know that there are people out there capable of destroying me. 

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE, PLEASE!" I cried. 

He wasn't near. But ever since he injured me, I could hear his voice ringing in my head. Like part of him was still stuck in my mind. Haunting me wherever I go...draining my soul slowly so I can die in pain. My head was spinning in circles, and I was trying my best not to break down and give up on everything. 

For it seems like there's no more hope in this world for me...that everyone will be safer if I leave. No one will continue getting hurt for the sake of me. But I still have that little urge to fight back. Knowing that Gabe will crumble upon my death is the only thing that's keeping me from breaking. 

"You picked the wrong fight..." the voice said. 

"I didn't choose to be in this!" I panted. 

"Your Alpha power belongs to me..."  it growled. 

"I'm not an alpha! I. AM. A. BETA!" I insisted. 

"You will die. I will kill you,"  he scoffed. 

I laid down on the ground, tears running down my cheeks. I didn't want to accept this. I didn't want to believe anything that this alpha was saying. I didn't want to leave Gabriel suffer on his own. He's been through enough because of Justine...and I don't want him to go through the pain of losing me too. 

"N-no..." I whispered. 

"I'm here Danielle. I'm only getting closer and closer. And this will be your end..."  he threatened. 

"No!" I cried. 

I got up and started running. It was the only thing I can do. The only way I can try to escape. I want to know that I tried. That I tried to keep everything together even if it ended up falling apart right before my eyes. I heard a loud ferocious growl behind me, making me panic. My fangs were growing as my heartbeat sped up. 

"LET ME GO!" I begged. 

"NO ONE EVER SURVIVES!"  he decided. 

"NO! PLEASE! SOMEONE HELP ME! GABE?! GABE?!" I cried. 

Maybe I didn't want Gabe to help me...

But I guess he's name was the only thing that came up in my mind...

Wraith's POV:

I could hear Gabe and Evan calling out to me. He must've tried to defeat the Alpha on his own. That is honestly one of the stupidest things any Beta could do. I was running. 

Not for my life...

Not to help Gabe...

I guess I just want to help everything get better...

Gabe's POV:

The pain was unbearable. For some reason my wounds were taking ages to heal, and Wraith wasn't coming to help us. I felt a weird feeling go through me, making my ears twitch. I fell silent for a moment, letting the mysterious sound be heard. 

SOMEONE HELP ME!

"D-danielle..." I managed to say.

GABE?! GABE?!

"Danielle!" I exclaimed loudly this time. 

I struggled to get up, trying to run in the direction of the sound. She needed me. She was calling out for help. The Alpha must've gotten to her. She needs someone to help her fight. Evan came and grabbed onto me, stopping me from going any further.