Chapter 3

Wraith's house was huge. I didn't expect him to be rich or anything, let alone have a house so big and spacious. I followed him inside, being awkwardly silent as we did. He was meant to do most of the talking anyways. We went upstairs and the house just seemed bigger and bigger. I wet slowly up the stairs, grabbing onto the railing.

"Where are your parents?" I asked.

"I live alone..." he replied.

"This house is yours?" I probed.

"I'm 18 Danielle...it's legal," he said.

I wasn't as quiet anymore, now that I knew here wasn't anyone in the house. For a house so big I would expect 5 families living here. We got to the top of the stairs and walked along the hallways.

"18? But we're only in tenth grade..." I stated.

"I went travelling to a lot of countries for two years once. When I came back they told me I had to do the grades I missed," Wraith muttered.

"Wraith...don't you ever feel lonely..." I demanded.

Wraith turned and faced me, his eyes serious and cold. It kind of sent shivers up my spine. He looked like he could murder somebody. Well...that's until he smiled at me warmly and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Not at all..." he whispered.

He opened a door, leading me to the largest guest room I've ever seen. Wraith threw himself onto a sofa and leaned his head back. I took my shoes off and sat beside him, crossing my legs and facing him. It was explanation time. I wanted to know every single little detail about this, no matter what it took.

"What was that creature Wraith?" I asked.

Wraith faced me too, staring into my eyes. I took a deep breath in and listened. I was indeed a very curious person.

"There's a supernatural creature roaming the streets of our town. No one knew about it, but you happened to find out. You saw it lurking behind shadows around your block. And it sees you. You should know that you're not safe anymore. Wherever you go, they're be a pair of glowing eyes following you. Watching. Waiting for you to make a tiny little mistake that can cost you your life..."

"You must keep what you saw a secret. If anyone else finds out, you'll be in danger. Keeping a secret can be hard Danielle. There will be times where you cant keep it in anymore. Something important to you could make you feel the urge to tell somebody.  But the creature is still watching you. It waits for you to get impatient. It waits till you cant take it any longer. Then, just when you're about to tell somebody...it creeps up behind you..."

Wraith leaned in closer to me, his eyebrows slightly raised.

"And it attacks you..." Wraith whispered.

A shiver went down my spine. My heart was racing a little faster than it should be. I looked at Wraith in concern. It wasn't nice to know that your life is in danger. That you can possibly get killed because of one little secret you find hard to keep. That you have to keep something hidden from everyone...including the closest people to you. 

"W-what do I do Wraith?!" I demanded.

"You keep quiet and make sure this secret remains hidden. Keep it hidden from everyone. Your mum, your dad, Savannah...and even Gabe should never find out about this," Wraith explained.

"But Gabe and I tell each other everything!" I complained. 

"Tell Gabe and get attacked by a vicious supernatural creature in the middle of the night? Or keep this a secret and stay alive? You choose," Wraith scoffed.

I sighed in defeat, looking down. This was going to be hard. Keeping a secret from a friend that i have known since preschool. If Gabe finds out I kept this hidden from him, he would not be pleased. Wraith stared at me with his arms folded, as if waiting for an answer to his question.

"Keep it a secret and stay alive..." I finally said.

"You have to make sure it stays a secret Danielle. This is for your own safety. Anyone else that finds out will get hunted down as well," Wraith explained.

I nodded my head. He had a point. I didn't want anyone getting hurt just because I couldn't keep something to myself. Wraith didn't completely  answer my question. I frowned my head, thinking for a while. 

"What was that frightful creature anyway?" I asked.

"A werewolf..." Wraith replied.

"A werewolf? Wraith is this a joke to you?! It cant have been a werewolf!" I snapped.

"How could you be so sure?" he demanded.

"Because! It wasn't a full moon, so it cant have been a werewolf! It wasn't a full wolf...it's body wasn't dog or coyote-like!" I sneered.

Wraith grabbed onto my wrist tightly, immediately making me fall silent. He looked slightly angry right now, and it did not make me feel comfortable at all. His eyes stared into mine sternly, not even blinking once for the next few seconds.

"No. Is this a joke to YOU Danielle?! You cant just describe a werewolf based on what the internet says about them! A werewolf does NOT only come out on a full moon! A werewolf does not transform into a dog like figure when it shifts! If your life is in danger, I suggest you know your opponent well!" Wraith yelled.

"But...how do you know all this?" I probed.

"I've seen this creature too Danielle. Not beneath shadows...I've seen it up close. I saw its features, and how it looks. I saw it very often, so I realized that it doesn't only come on a full moon. It comes all the time...full moon, new moon...day and night. It's always there. Which means it will ALWAYS be watching anyone who's seen it, including YOU Danielle," Wraith explained.

I nodded my head for what seemed like the millionth time today, although I know it wasn't. I guess werewolves are a lot different to what I thought. Wraith placed his hand on my shoulder, giving it a slight squeeze. 

"You'll be okay...just keep it hidden. Keep it a secret..." Wraith reminded me.

"Will you help me?" I blurted.

Wraith smile and nodded his head.

"Yes I will Danielle," he whispered "Trust me..."