Chapter 40 Decision

I made a decision. And that choice must have been the stupidest thing I've ever done. Okay second... third most stupid. At about eleven in the evening I left my house. My dad had come home after dinner, gave me pissed off looks for about three hours until I finally decided to just leave.

I'd like to blame my father for the decision I had made. But I sadly can't. It's not his fault his son is an idiot. It's no fault but my own. I headed further into the woods, not really caring if anyone saw me.

When you were of status people usually asked you what you were up to, if you were okay. Being the idiot who lost their status, no one really cared about my quick movements towards the border line.

Once I reached it, I took a deep breath. Knowing the consequences if I got caught. They were bad, definitely not good results if anyone from the Moonlight pack found me in their territory. Yet, I still crossed it.

I know I had to find Lily. I had no choice but to find the girl. I shifted once I crossed, knowing that my black pelt will make it more obvious I was not part of their pack, but I will be easier hidden in the shadows. I ran through the trees, picking up the faintest scent of Lilacs. It led me further and further away from safety but closer to Lily.

That was... up until my senses got overwhelmed by the smell of coffee. O crap...

XXX

I saw him before he saw me. Those light grey eyes searching the woods he didn't belong in. His head suddenly lifted and I knew that was my cue. I went into attack mode and without hesitation rushed towards the guy. He turned his head just as time as my canines connected to his neck.

XXX

My parents were definitely not happy about me running into the woods. And when I had come back with the dumb dried blood on my arm, they did not leave my side for one second. And I know I had to get out of here.

Something kept bugging me and I needed to figure out why the hell my wolf kept wanting to go into the woods. Thought I kept it at bay, knowing that my parents will have heart attacks if they found me going to the place that made me come out bruised and once, not come out for at least a week.

But the immense controlling of my wolf was starting to get to me. It howled, barked and growled, combining with my hands that wouldn't stop shaking, I was bone tired by ten in the evening.

So, the only logical thing for me to do was to go to sleep. Bad idea...

Once my human mind slipped into the peaceful thing called respectable slumber – my wolf took control. I saw two wolves fighting. One white. One black. Both equally important to me.