Chapter 38 Push

Damn – I had missed his kisses. I puckered my lips, feeling the uncontrollable amazing feeling that rushed through my veins. His hands squeezed my shoulders, his body pushing against me harder. I wrapped my arms around his neck, wrapping my legs around his torso. It was getting uncomfortable just dangling.

His lips suddenly left mine, giving up the kiss way too soon.

"Get off" he growled, pushing me further against the tree. The bark was starting to hurt my back. I slacked my legs and let my hands falls to my sides. Chase let me go, taking a few steps back. He took deep breaths, trying to calm himself down.

"What the hell are you doing here Lily?"

"I was just walking and... and"

"You know your still in heat right?"

"What?"

"You're still in freaking heat Lily!" he said, his hands shaking.

I bit my lip, looking down. The waves of guilt washed over me at the mention of the reason why he had lost everything that mattered to him.

"Chase..."

"What?"

"I'm sorry"

He blinked and then walked towards me, is hand wrapped around my arm, his talons digging into my skin. He was angry. I had made him angry.

Fudge.

"What are you sorry for? For running away? For being in heat?" when I didn't answer him, he lightly shook me, his eyes having turned dark, "For what huh?"

"Let me go" I said, trying to push his hand off of me, "Let me go, please?"

"You know how easy this would be – I can just take you back right now"

Those words came out as a growl and I could see his canines through the growls. I wasn't used to this. I wasn't used to angry Chase.

"Please" I said, starring into his eyes. I could feel tears brimming thought I tried to stop them. Goodness Lily – don't be weak now.

"You and your stupid heat" he growled, his talons digging in deeper. I could feel my blood starting to drip off of my arm. I gave one final push and he finally let me go. He stumbled to the ground, his eyes widened and becoming lighter.

"I'm... I'm sorry..." I stumbled backwards, wanting to just go back home.

He looked back at me, his features in shock and pain. Before he could respond, I turned around.

And slammed right into muscle.

XXX

I walked towards Jenna, seeing her starring into the woods with anger in those chocolate eyes.

"Hey babe, what's up?"

"Nothing" she muttered, putting an arm around my waist. I knew that nothing. Jenna never just said 'nothing' except when she went all Regina George on someone. And the only reason I knew who that was – was when she had said 'nothing' when I had asked what we'd be watching at movie nights.

"Jenny?"

"I just tuaght someone a lesson" she said, throwing a fake smile on her face. She looked at me, giving me a quick kiss on a cheek, "Don't worry about it"

"I do worry about it Jenna" I responded, starring into her eyes, "Who did you 'teach a lesson' to?"

"No one of importance" she said, brushing past me.

"Jenna – who?" I said, forcing some control into the words.

She rolled her eyes, "Your new bestie" she said. I lifted my eyebrow, folding my arms.

"I just told her to leave you alone. You're. mine."

"Where'd she go?"

Jenna growled – her hands starting to shake. O goodness, I couldn't deal with this right now.

"Are you going to go save her little pathetic ass?"

"Go home Jenna – I'll deal with you later" I said.

"You never used to be like this"

"Things changed" I grumbled, stomping into the woods. Lily was reckless and combining with her new wolf powers, she might land herself into some trouble.

I rushed through the woods, shifing about halfway. I picked up her scent easily, the smell of lilacs making my head spin.

But as I went further, the smell mixed with peppermint. My wolf grew angrier as I came closer to the Hellwood border line.

There, standing with her kidnapper was Lily.

Dammit Squirrel... I had to help her. I headed into the trees, quickly shifting back into a human. I would shift if things got out of hand. When I returned to the spot, Lily was backing up from the monster, back into our territory line.

The monster was looking at her wide eyed, remorse for probably letting her go twice portrayed on his face. When her back connected to my body, the man's eyes shifted to me and his eyes darkened. Lily slowly looked up, her eyes about as wide as two suacers.

"Fe-Felix?" her voice was soft, timid. Too innocent to be even close to this monster.

"Lily" I placed my hands on her shoulders, she flinching from the touch. The guy slowly stood up, his eyes still widened.

"You better run" I growled at him, "Before I freaking kill you!"

"I just..." he started but my eyes started to darken, I could feel it.

"Run" I ordered, some of my Alpha-blood coming through.

The boy nodded, glancing at Lily before dissapearing into the woods. Once he was gone I turned Lily towards me.

"What were you doing here?"

She didn't say anything, only wrapped me in a hug.

_______________________________________

Sorry, this is a little update. Things are about to become a lot more cliff hangery from now on but will be posting as much as I can. Next people definitely need some shoutouts:

Hakunabooktata – your comments are epic J and Dmtuttle7 for all the support. To my silent readers, you guys are also flipping awesome and motivate me to keep writing. I know my book can use a lot of editing and stuff but all in due time. In regards to POV's – I'll think about it but the reason for not having added it, is my little secret :p

Am just gonna say - will be posting the next chapter soon. like fluff it - I'm posting it now