Chapter 39 Sixteen

When I get back to the house, my head is still spinning. What had I done? What is WRONG with me? I had just gone bat-shit crazy on the poor girl. I found my sister standing nervously by the door, looking around for me.

Dammit... broke my promise to her now too.

When she spotted me, her eyes widened and she gave me a light smile.

"Guess what?" she grinned as I approached her.

"I'm sorry sis, I was – I had to go"

"It's okay" she smiled at me, "Come on, I want to tell you what had happened" I nodded, following my sister down the steps. She headed to the car, climbing in. I joined her, but instead of starting the car I turned towards her.

"How'd the meeting go?"

"Went really well" Beverly smiled, "Alpha Matthew was very patient and asked how you were doing"

"How'd you respond?"

"I said you were getting used to it. He says you can come round at any time"

I nodded, knowing that I have kind of been avoiding my friend ever since I had moved out. Which hadn't been that long but he had texted me a few times the past few days and I hadn't bothered to respond once.

"Well, continue" I smiled at my sister.

"Okay so – Alpha Matthew said that because I'm only sixteen I can't become an omega just yet" she said, "But as soon as I turn eighteen we'll have the ceremony" she grinned, "Can you believe it? Me – an omega"

"It's going to be awesome sis" I smiled, squeezing her shoulder. She'll do a much better job than I'd ever do.

I drove her home, seeing that my mom's car was also in the driveway. Upon entering the house the smell of dinner reached my nose and I couldn't help but smile. My mom was the best cook in the whole pack and I missed her cooking endlessly. When the whole family had lived in the Pack House, Mom used to cook for everyone and there was never any leftovers.

Entering the kitchen I gave my mom a kiss on the cheek, getting out four plates.

"Only three sweetie, Dad isn't eating with us"

I rolled my eyes, "Is he ever going to get over it?"

"It's going to take time sweetie" Mom gave me a halfhearted smile, "Just talk to him"

She turned her attention to her duaghter at the moment, they talking about the meeting.
"That's sounds great sweetie" Mom grinned, "Chase – I hope you hadn't been waiting for too long"

"Not too long Mom"

"Yeah, Chase went all wolfy in the woods so it was fine"

I gave my sister a grin, messing up her hair. If she only knew the truth...

After we ate lunch, Beverly left to go shift with her friends and I stayed with my thoughts. Guilt wrecked my body and I disliked it. Over and over I relived what I had done to poor Lily. She hadn't deserved that.

XXX

I take Lily home, greeting her parents before heading to my own house. Lily didn't want to talk about what had happened but I know that I had to do something. What if that monster came and stole her once again.

I spent the day with my dad, he spending the day basically yelling me.

"When do you want to retire Dad?" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Some respect Felix" he sighed.

"Sorry, Alpha" I said, "Just want to know when will I be able to take over your role"

"When you prove that you are actually able to be an alpha and NOT lose members of the pack"

I nodded, getting up from the chair, "I have to go"