Chapter 13 Moods

1274 words

Chase stares at me for another moment before leaving once more. I think the awkward air that was flooding the room was suffocating him. I know it was suffocating me. I groan, flopping down on the bed. This is all so stupid!

XXX

The next morning I expect my kidnapper to again abandon me and leave me to become even more insane but instead I wake up with him bringing me a mug of coffee and a sandwich.

"Thanks" I smile at him thought his face is expressionless. He moves towards the door but something in me forces me to open my mouth.

"Chase!" I yell, my cheeks immediately heating up. Way to look desperate Lily.

He whips around, looking at me alarmed. His eyes scan my body, looking for anything that might look like an injury thought there obviously isn't.

I mean, I'm clumsy but not that bad.

"Yeah?" he says, his voice still alert.

"Where you going?" I ask, trying to sound like I wasn't going insane.

"To the woods?" he frowned, folding his arms.

"Why?"

"Lily, are you okay?" he asked, his words filled with concern.

I nodded, "I'm fine I just..." how do I say this without sounding like an idiot, "I just, want to make conversation with you"

"Why?" he said, he still not understanding what's going on.

"Because I want to be your friend"

"I'm your kidnapper Lily, I'm not supposed to be your friend" he says, his eyebrows knitting together.

"But"

"But nothing, you're supposed to hate me. Start hating me" he groans.

I look at him, my eyes becoming foggy. Jeez, what the hell is wrong with me? I never cry, yet the past few days I've been a flipping waterfall. I quickly turn my head away, not wanting him to see me react this way.

"Lily?" I could hear his footsteps come closer and then he leaned down, coming in eye contact with me, "Why are you crying?"

"I'm not" I say, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand. I really don't understand what's going on with me at the moment but I really don't like it.

"Lily, why are you crying" he said, putting a hand on my knee.

"Because I'm being an overly emotional idiot" I grumble, emphasis on feeling like an idiot.

"You're not an overly emotional idiot" he sighs, squeezing my knee. Sparks shoot up my leg and my heart starts to beat fast once again.

"Then what do you call this?"

"You'll understand it later on okay?" he says and stands up again, "Just eat your breakfast and take it easy today"

"Are you going to leave me again?"

He sighs and for a moment I feel bad for annoying him. He looks at me, inspecting my probably-desperate-looking face.

"Eat your breakfast" he says simply before leaving the room. My heart drops to my stomach but I refuse to cry again. I'm not some love struck girl. I'm not that kind of person to fall head-over-heels for someone. Especially not someone who had taken me away from everything I've known.

Especially someone who isn't my mate. Goodness knows what my mate is going to think when I tell him about this. I shake my head, getting the thoughts out of my head. Taking hold of the sandwich I quickly eat it, burning my tongue when I drink the coffee.

Guess I'm on my own once again... I look over at the book Chase had given me, kind of annoyed he didn't bring me Catching Fire as well. I go get ready for the day, not really knowing what the point is but it's something to keep myself busy with. I get dressed in one of Chevy's old clothes – a simple green dress with white lilies all over (really pretty) and take my time to brush my hair and everything else while starring out of the window.

I've been here for three days now. I haven't climbed a tree in two. My hands miss the rough texture of the bark, the feeling of jumping through the air... dammit! It's not fair I'm stuck in here like some Disney princess.

Maybe I can sneak out again? It's not as if Chase cares anymore. The fun is over now for him. I start to move to the window, feeling a soft breeze filter through it. Oo goodness, I miss it. Placing my hands on the window sill, I'm just about to lift myself up and then...

"What are you doing?"

I whip around, seeing Chase smirking at me by the door. His arms are folded and it's almost as if we're going back to old ways.

"No-nothing" I say, my hand brushing off of freedom.

"Were you trying to escape?" he asked, taking a step towards me.

"No" I say, feeling my cheeks reddening.

"I thought I told you not to do that" he takes another step towards me. The heated feeling starts once again and I'm slightly irritated. It's not fair this guy is making me feel like this.

"Why are you still keeping me here?" I ask as he comes to stand in front of me, "There's no point to it"

"Lily" he starts but I'm fuelled by anger now. Jeez, my emotions are just everywhere aren't they?

"No seriously Chase! You let me go when we were by the territory! Why'd you suddenly decide – O I want to capture the little human girl – is it fun for you? And then, then you flipping kiss me, no actually you kiss me a bunch of times. You're nice to me? Like what the hell!? Like have you never kidnapped someone before or is this how it works with all of your prisoners? You have your jollies with them and then you just completely ignore them!?" my blood is boiling and I know my cheeks are probably flaming.

Chase looks at me, his mouth slightly open. I've raged him into silence...

"You said your pack weren't that bad and they probably aren't – but you sure are!"

My hands are shaking now and I can't seem to control it.

"Lily" Chase says, wrapping his hand around mine. I pull mine back, not wanting him to touch me.

"Calm down" he says softly, taking hold of it again.

"What the hell!?" I snap, glaring at him. From everything he could say, he tells me to calm down. No! He's supposed to be fighting with me. Fuel my supposed hatred for him.

"Just, calm down" he says, looking into my eyes.

I glare back at him, my anger slowly and annoyingly subsiding.

"Come on" he says, guiding me into the bedroom. He takes me to the bed, letting me sit on it. My hands have stopped shaking but I still feel the boiling hot anger flowing through my .

"What are you doing?" I growled, the sound unexpected but so joyful.

"Just calm down" he said, his voice soft and annoyingly soothing.

"You're really messed up aren't you?" I snap, my voice still coming out in that growl. Damn, I like this...

"Lily, please" he says, his eyes fixed on mine.

He placed both his hands on mine and I can slowly feel the anger being sucked away. As if it had never happened. I open my mouth to say something but I am left without words. How did this happen?

"Do you feel better?" he asks softly and I only nod. The anger has been replaced by embarrassment. I had literally went from a sobbing idiot, to a crazed angry lunatic and now, I'll probably turn into a tomato.

"Okay good, I'll be right back" he said, getting up from the bed.

I let him go, feeling like too much of an idiot to actually stop him.