Chapter 15 Trouble

846 words

I move my lips lower, the girl underneath me lightly shaking with pleasure. She's gorgeous, perfect. Dammit... I need her! I begin sucking and nipping her neck, feeling my whole body reacting to her. We both want this, we both need this...

My hands are moving towards her back, she arching it to allow me access. I pull her up once again, my hands taking off the shirt. My lips leave her flesh and so I can see the soft fabric leaving her silky shoulders and gliding to the bottom.

She looks at me, her eyes filled with excitement, those aqua orbs changing into darker hues. Wait... what? She's just about to lean in to me again but I stop her, grasping hold of her wrists.

"Chase?" she frowns, her eyes scanning my features. She tries leaning in again and I have to force myself to push her off.

She falls onto the bed, hitting her head on the bedframe. Her eyes flutter close and I realise I might have hit her too hard. I blink, trying to collect my thoughts. She'll be fine... she'll be fine...

I need to get out of here.

I back up, every fibre of my being wanting to be with this girl. But it's not right. It's definitely not right.

I rush to the door, stumbling out. Her scent is all over me and it makes it even harder to lock the door behind me.

What the hell is happening to me!?

I rush down the corridor, almost stumbling by the stairs. My breathing is ragged and I can feel my body trying to get back upstairs and claim the poor girl.

I feel my bones start to crack and shift as I make my way into the woods. Once I've turned, the feelings are easier to control and I'm overly thankful for that. My mind slowly starts to defog and I feel remorse gripping my heart.

That had been so wrong. What the hell was I thinking!? Honestly? That's a human-girl in there!? And I was about to actually mark her. She has a flipping mate!?!?

I have a flipping mate!

Wherever she actually is...

I slow down, taking deep breaths. Thinking about your own mate always seems to calm a wolf down. The guilt of wanting to mark someone else makes my wolf actually growl at me. And that almost never happens.

If you've been a wolf long enough, you're able to actually become your wolf. It doesn't take over like it does when you're a new-shifter. Instead, I lets you do what you please. Except when you want to do something completely idiotic.

"Chase report in – what's going on? Jacks, Olivia and Carey saw you running out the house like a mad man"

His voice comes through and I know his concerned. If I tell Matt the truth, those feelings are going to be replaced with anger. You never give in to your lust. That's the rule. And I broke it...

"Nothing, I just needed to run" I lie, hoping that Matt falls for it.

"Did the human girl try and attack you?"

"No, I just – I needed a run. I'm fine Matt"

"No secrets Evans"

A slight hint of a command filters through and I growl internally. Dammit Matthew.

"I lost control for a second"

The words makes my wolf go and lie down and I can feel disappointment filtering through me. Yip, I messed up. I completely and utterly messed up. When Matt speaks again it's as if each word is a growl.

"Where are you?"

I sigh, letting out a howl so that my alpha can find me. It only takes Matt a few moments before he comes through the trees.

"Shift" he says, throwing a pair of jeans my way. I do as he asks, getting dressed in the pants.

"What happened?" Matt says, inspecting me.

I sigh before telling my alpha what an idiot I've been. I can actually feel my title saying goodbye to my wolf.

"Well, we did say she was strong" Matt says afterwards.

"That's not an excuse" I say, knowing that that's what Matt wants me to say.

Matt sighs and I know this is hard for him. We've been friends since we were babies, our parents having grown up in the house together. We'd done everything together and now, now this shit had to happen.

"Chase" Matt says and I know it's a command that follows, "Go to the girl and take care of her. She's your prisoner. Keep your hormones in check or else your punishment is going to be a lot worse"

I nod, the command filtering through me. I'm glad he had added the second part, the command going to help me stay level headed.

"Thank you Alpha" I say and start to trudge back to the house. Matt is behind me and he even follows me to the third floor.

"Remember what I said Chase" he says, placing a hand on my shoulder. With a squeeze I know he is showing sympathy but his alpha-side is the one that should be controlling him. With a deep breath I open the door.