Chapter 34 Omega

My sister looked nervously at the pack house, her fingers fumbling with one another.

"Why are you so stressed?" I smiled.

"Because its negotiations for me becoming an... an omega. It's all becoming real too quickly"

I put a hand on her shoulder, she turning to me with a light smile, "Also, I feel like I'm betraying my big brother"

"Your big brother understands" I smiled, squeezing her shoulder, "But we mustn't keep the alpha waiting" Beverly nodds and opens her door. I follow suite, walking her into the house. Some people starred but I ignored them. I can deal with them later.

We headed up to the second floor, the guards giving us a nod as we passed them.

"Beverly is here to see Alpha Matthew" I said, trying to ignore the pang of pain that errupted in my stomach. It was going to be okay. It had to be. The guard nodded, opening the door. When Matt saw us, he let out a smile before it dissapeared from his lips.

"Thank you Chase for bringing your sister"

"Pleasure is all mine Alpha" I said, giving him a nod, "Good luck Bev"

"Stay and wait for me please" she asked, squeezing my hand. I nodded, "Good luck"

I watched as the door closed and then sighed.

"You were really stupid" the guard mumbled, looking at me.

"Shut up" I groaned, moving away, yet the guard followed me, "Joshua, what up?"

"Just wanted to know why?" he said, still walking like a guard.

"Shouldn't you know... be guarding?"

"Shift ended, Carey is up next"

I didn't respond, heading down the stairs.

"So... is... is it true?"

"Is what true?" I asked, trying to not shift. Without the whole control that came with being an omega, I had to pay attention.

"Why you lost your title. I heard the rumors"

Yeah... those rumors. They went from just losing Lily to mating with her.

"I didn't fullfil my duties. Let's leave it at that" I said, leaving out the door. Sadly, it seemed like the guard wasn't going to leave me alone.

"You know, you've never really talked to me before that. Seemed to be too important"

"You never started a converation with me and well, I only came to the second floor to have formal meetings"

"All important omega. Takes one girl huh?"

"What is your problem Josh?"

"Nothing – just making conversation"

"Not a very good conversation"

"What's it like to be an omega? Like was it worth losing?"

I sighed, looking up at the sky. My eyes looked over at the whitened moon in the blue sky, wanting this day to actually be over.

"It was amazing. The extra power. The status. You feel like you're holding something together. And when it's gone – it feels like everything had been completely disbanded. Like you don't matter anymore" I said, kicking a pebble.

"And the second question?"

"I don't know how to answer that"

h