Chapter 29 Retry

He led me to the woods and when I started to think he was only taking me out here to actually kill me (the whole room thing not having worked out), he suddenly stopped.

"You ready?"

"For what?" I said, folding my arms.

"To shift, your first time was pretty short lived" he grinned.

"That's not needed" I said, biting my lip. Images of almost dying flooded my mind. Nope, was not ready for that.

"Yes it is, come on squirrel"

"Why do you keep calling me that"

"I'll tell you if you shift" he smiled.

"It's not that important then" I said, my voice softer.

Felix looked at me skeptically before coming to stand in front of me. His chocolate irises starred into mine and I could feel heat reaching my ears.

"What happened?" he asked, his eyes fixated on mine.

"No-nothing"

"Squirrel" he said, his eyebrow lifting.

"I don't want to shift" I said, biting my lip, "Don't get me wrong – I flipping love being a wolf but the process of becoming one is horrifying"

"It's not that bad Lily" he said, lightly touching my arm.

"For me it was, I almost died"

Felix bites his lip, his hand sliding off of my arm. He is quiet for a second, his breathing about the only thing I can hear from him. And also feel. His breath smells like bubblegum, the smell crawling up my nose and settling there happily. The breaths tickle my lips and I'm trying to not bite my own lip.

His eyes are drinking me in, unlocking the little secrets I had kept from this pack. A slow tingle runs down my spine and then he finally speaks.

"I'm sorry that happened to you" he breaths, his fingers lightly tracing circles on my hand.

"It... it's okay"

"Promise it won't be so bad this time" he said, a light smile on his features, "Come on, best way to get over a fear is to embrace it"

"That's not always the best advice"

"Stop joking around and be strong squirrel" Felix said, "I'll be with you every step of the way"

I nodded, taking a step away from him. The young alpha gave me a weak smile before going to go sit on the ground. I looked down at him skeptically, "What are you doing?"

"Makes the transformation easier" he said and held out his hand. I looked at it hesitantly until he rolled his eyes and grabbed my wrist, pulling me down.

I flopped down next to him, trying to not fall against him. Felix chuckled, "Want to go first?"

I smiled, taking a deep breath.

Felix's hand is still resting on mine when I start to feel my bones cracking once again. Thought this time, something made it easier to deal with. Maybe it was the warmth that creeped up my hand but overall, the fur sprouted a lot faster than last time.

About half way thought, Felix let me go and I guess he had went to shift. I heard the rip of clothes and felt like an idiot. I liked those shorts and definitely that blouse had been freakin comfortable.

Note to self – when turning next time, actually undress. But that would also man having to go through the uncomfortable process of changing in front of Felix.

Yeah nope. I'll just buy new clothes.

I finish my shift, a warm feeling errupting in my gutt. Felix appears, his white fur lightly shifting in the wind.

Was that easier?

I nodded, feeling my tail wagging.

I'm glad

If wolves could smile, Felix was doing that right now. He suddenly moved, going into a stance as if he was about to attack. I took a step back, getting a flashback from when he had actually attacked me. Those sharp teeth holding me, ready to snap my neck...

I let out a wimper, feeling my legs giving in so I was lying down on the ground – holding my paws in front of my snout. Yet Felix still came for me.

Crap, my alpha is going to kill me... dammit. I should have flippin stayed at Hellwood, having stockholm syndrome.

I let out a sudden yelp when a nice but ticklish feeling erupts in my neck. Is... is Felix nuzzling me?

I closed my eyes, warmth seeping from my neck.

This is to make up for me almost killing you

His voice filters through my mind. I only nod, enjoying the feeling of the wolf calming down mine. Who knew this could actually feel so nice. I lean my head towards his, embracing the innocent butterfly-feeling that's in my stomach. So this is how it feels to actually belong-belong in a pack?

Naawww... Felix shows some kindness