Chapter 22 - Shift part 2

HA I GOT YOU :)

________________________________________________

Lily?

I nudge her using my snout, feeling completely useless. Her heartbeat is still fading and I'm trying not to start panicking. Think, think Chase!

Usually the process is easy. No one has ever died from turning, I think. Fudge – come on Lily! I try once again, nudging her until she actually rolls over. Still lifeless.

Around me I can hear fellow wolves howling but at the moment I feel completely on my own. Think Chase... please just think for one moment in your damn life and fix this shit!

I go lie down next to her, enveloping her body in my fur. She's ice cold (all the heat from her body probably having been used during her well, heat) and all I can think is if I warm her up, she might start breathing again.

How is it going Chase?

The words come suddenly and for a moment I'm excited with the prospect of it maybe being the girl thought Lily doesn't sound like a man.

She stopped turning Matt, I don't know what to do

I didn't care that I was sounding weak in front of my alpha. Fluff it, he was already disappointed in me. His feelings can't get any worse can it?

How far was she in turning?

Half way

Matt stops talking to me and for a moment I think that's that but then his wolf emerges from the trees. I start to get up but he shakes his head.

She needs warmth. How long has she been like this?

Few minutes but it feels like an eternity

Lick her

My head snaps up and if there was a WTF face for werewolves I was probably portraying it on my face.

It will activate the turning again. Just lick her Chase

I slowly nod and initiate the most awkward moment of my life. Well, second most awkward. I start licking the girl, feeling like my alpha might just be playing a really cool prank on me.

This isn't working Matthew

Her heartbeat is picking up

I stop my licking for a moment and I hear it. I can actually hear it.

Lily

I try again though she's not fully turned yet which probably means the mind-link doesn't work. Yet, the fur is slowly growing longer, coming off in a shade unlike any other. Her pack is a bunch of snowy wolves – all them perfect for hanging out in the snow.

It never snowed here...

But instead of coming out like the most unpractical colour for a place that never went below 16˚C, Lily was sprouting grey fur. It resembled something close to silver, glinting in the moonlight. Her transformation kept going, it almost as slow as when turning into a sloth but eventually I was cuddling next to a small silver wolf.

I looked up at Matt, seeing him giving me a nod

Make sure she stays in the boundary

With that, he disappeared into the trees. Once he left, Lily started moving – slowly gaining consciousness.

Lily

This time she actually answered.

What the hell is that?

It's how we talk when in werewolf form

She lifted her head and those aqua eyes starred at me.

How did I not know about this? What the hell is wrong with my pack?

Quite a lot really

Her eyes widened when she realised I could actually hear her thinking.

Chase?

I nodded, my tail lightly wagging at the back. If a wolf has ever looked more confused than Lily at that moment, I would love to meet that wolf.

How am I doing this?

Just think and direct it at me

She nodded, slowly standing up. Her wolf was clumsy, probably not used to actually existing. I helped her stand up right, letting her lean her body on mine.

How are you feeling?

Better – I don't know what had happened

I think it's because you turned so late. But I'll ask Matthew

The grey wolf nodded once again, leaning away from me. She start moving on her own, first slowly and then she started walking normally.

This is amazing