Chapter 35 Evening run

At about nine in the evening I walk towards the forest with my parents. The whole pack was there, some of them already in wolves, some busy getting undressed.

"This is going to be exciting" Mom grinned, giving me a hug.

"First time running with the pack, my little flower" Dad said, kissing me on the head. I nodded, nervously looking at the group settled in front of me. My eyes fell on Felix who gave me a quick wave, his arm slung over Jenna. My wolf growled in my head, me shhing it. She was getting irritating.

I turned my gaze away from them, instead turning my body towards one of the trees. I felt so uncomfortable getting undressed, wishing I could just tear this dress and continue happily. But this was one of my mom's and she would NOT be happy with me if I did that. Once undressed, I loosely tide it to my leg, flopping down on the ground – still facing the tree.

I took a deep breath, imagining my wolf. The pain immediatedly started and I had to grit my teeth to bare through it. It had been a lot easier earlier.

When it felt like ages had past, the pain finally faded. I turned towards my parents, they both looking at me worriedly.

You okay sweetie?

I nodded, nuzzling them both. A low howl let everyone turn their attention towards Alpha Richard.

We'll be moving through the woods from the East side

A few wolves nodded before we started to move. Damn, it felt good running with a pack. You felt like you were part of an unit. Wolves passing you, you passing them. All of us in unity and running as one. My wolf seemed happy, letting out continues unautherised howls. Luckily the others just rumbled and shook their heads.

Something whizzed past me and my wolf let out another howl. When the wolf turned it's head, those chocolate eyes gave off a mischevious glint.

Slowing down I see

I narrowed my eyes, my tail wagging

Just giving you a head start. We know you'll need it

Felix barked, clearly seeing it as a challenge. A challenge my wolf was all but too willing to accept. I speeded up, me and Felix neck in neck before I speed up.

Be careful for the trees squirrel!

His voice was filled with amusement thought I didn't let it get to. It was when I passed the alpha when I started to slow down.

You loser

Felix rushed past me, his tail wagging like crazy.

Your dad

Understands you're young and need to run

I glanced back at Alpha Richard who gave me a nod of approval. I nodded back before going to go catch his stupid son. Goodness, this felt amazing!

We made it finally to the clearing, me beating Felix by a milisecond.

That was just luck

Anything to protect your ego

I started to shift back, turning away from Felix. Once I was done I quickly got dressed before turning back to him. We were both out of breath, our hair looking as if it had been in a hurricane. Before any of us can talk, some of the other wolves reached us. One of them was growling at me, clearly Jenna.

She started to shift, me turning my gaze away.

"Prude" she growled, walking towards her boyfriend. I swear she was still naked. Slut...

Other people arrived and I turned my attention to them, my parents seemingly concerned as they came out of the trees. When they saw me, their tails started to wag before they started to shift.

"We were worried about you flower" Dad said, wrapping me into a hug.

"I was just hanging out with Felix"

Mom and Dad nodded, giving me light smiles. They suddenly straightened up and as I turned around, I saw Alpha Richard approach me. I bit my lip, suddenly feeling a bit scared.

"Alpha Richard"

"Lily" he gave me a weak smile, "Seems like you and my son are getting along better"

"I'm sorry I surpassed you Alpha"

He waved me off, "Its alright, but don't let it happy again"

I nodded, him ruffling my hair.

R