Chapter 20 - Agreements

752 words

In the end, I got tickled once again ('accidently' kicking him in the stomach) before getting out his favourite game once again and beating me about twice.

"I'm going to win this round" I said, collecting the cards.

"In your dreams" he chuckles.

"You know dreams do come true right?"

He laughs, lifting up his eyebrow. We're just about to start the game when there's a knock on the door. Chase gets up and even if Chase is covering the door, I recognize those muscled tattoos anywhere.

The alpha...

"Can I speak to her?"

Chase nodded and opened the doors wider. The alpha came into the room and suddenly I felt like a prisoner once again.

Chase closed the door and went to stand by it. His hands were held behind his back and he stood, staring directly in front of him.

I scampered off of the bed, pulling the shirt down. Why the hell am I still wearing this thing!?

"How are you feeling, Lily right?"

I nodded, 'Yes sir, I am good"

The alpha nodded, inspecting me, "It has come to my attention that you are about to shift"

I nodded, "Yes sir"

"Call me alpha" he said, trying to sound like he was showing me kindness. Instead, the offer was just making me feel even more uncomfortable.

"Yes alpha"

He gave me a quick smile before the expressionless feature returned on his face, "Well, we need to go over some things"

I nodded and after a moment he spoke up once again, "Because you are a prisoner here, it is only right that you are expected to stay in the pack boundaries when you shift. Chase will accompany you while you shift and once you have, you may stay in your wolf-form as long as you wish. Thought if you leave the territory, there will be great punishment. Do you understand?"

"Yes alpha" I said, trying to stop my heart from jumping out of my chest.

"Good, now – once you've shifted, remember that you are NOT in your pack. This is a different own. Your wolf may not like this factor but I expect you to be able to control her. If you do not, I WILL command you to shift back and a punishment will be handed out by me"

He continues to talk and through the whole progress I just feel my anxiety levels increasing. When he's finally finishes, I swear my heat has returned. Thought that just might just be a panic attack that's coming along.

Probably a panic attack...

As soon as the door closes, Chase is by my side.

"You okay?" he asked as I took hold of the bed, my legs feeling wobbly.

I shook my head, trying to calm my breathing.

"What can I do?"

I look at him, his face having becoming like an alien's – four eyes, two noses, two beautiful mouths – all of it surrounded by black and white spots. My breathing becomes harder to control and I feel as if all the air in the room has disappeared. I'm gasping like a fish out of the water, trying to collect my thoughts and to let my lungs receive some oxygen. The spots are increasing and I'm slowly losing control of what's going on around me. Come on, do something Lily. Anything.

In the end I only blink (it's an achievement okay?), my vision becoming worse before I'm suddenly held tightly.

I can feel his heartbeat, it softly and actually effectively making me calmer. When it feels like a lifetime has passed, my ears could finally detect something else other than thumping.

"How are you feeling?"

"Better – sorry" I mumbled, feeling my cheeks heating.

"It is okay, Matt used to get them before he turned. We realised that if we just hugged him he'd calm down"

I nodded, giving him a light smile.

"It's all quite intense isn't it?" I said, thinking about tonight.

"I'll be there, don't worry. I'll make sure nothing happens to you. It's really quite easy"

__________________________________________________

Okay, so the past three chapters have all been somewhat fillers but they're all still important t the book. You'll realise this as you continue reading.

Also, in this chapter there is mention of a panic attack. I didn't want to go too deeply into it, because well – I hate getting them and thus, I know how bad it is to hear and go through it.

BUT if you do want me to write about the panic attack just comment and I will do so 

BUT GUESS WHAT THE NEXT CHAPTER IS!!!?!?!?!? 

All the love

A9