Chapter 26

It's been a few weeks since I attacked Kevin's mom, so I've locked myself in my room and just stay in there. Me and Kevin are still engaged, but I keep my distance away from him. He was upset that I attacked his mom and I don't blame him, but I have my tempers. Right now I was just laying down on my bed watching TV and I was getting tired, and it was only noon. Then I hear footsteps coming up the stairs, but I just ignore them. Soon there was a knock at my door and I groan, so I got up from my bed and went to go answer it. I opened the door and see that it was Kelly with a tray of food, and I sense that someone else was here. She comes in my room and puts my food down on the nightstand, and then she leaves.

I go and lay back down on my bed, and tried to fall asleep. I took out my phone and plugged in my headphones, and I started playing my music. I hear a faint knock but I ignore it, and keep listening to my music and then looking at the TV. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I look up to see Kevin, and he had a sad look on his face. I pause my music and I take off my headphones, and I set them down on my bed. "Hey. Can we talk?" he asked softly and I nod. "Mind if I lay next to you?" he says.

I sigh and moved over a little bit. He smiles and lays down next to me. "Thanks." he thanked me. I sit up from my bed and looked at the TV. "Amanda?" Kevin says. "I'm sorry, but-" he stops and takes a deep breath. "We can't get married, and I can't live with you anymore." he says and I started crying. "Amanda, please don't cry. I'm sorry, but we can still be together." he apologized and hugs me, but I push him back. "Amanda? Please talk to me. I didn't have a choice, because my mom said th-" I cut him off.

"Your mom! You're going to listen what your mom says?!" I asked him and he nods. "You know what?" I said and got off my bed and threw him the ring. "You can take that and find someone else to fall in love with, and have a family with them!" I cried and ran downstairs. I bump into someone and I fell backwards. "Ow fuck." I said. I look up and see the guys standing there. They look at me and smiled, and Aleks came to help me up but I shook my head. I get up from the floor and ran out the back door, and into the forest. "Amanda!" I hear the guys shout.

I ran until I tried over something, and I fell foward landing on my face. "Fuck dude." I said holding my nose and it was bleeding. I can hear yelling from a distance, and I can tell it was the guys. "Shit." I whispered and got up from the floor, and I started running again. I ran for a good bit until I finally got tired and stopped, so that I can rest. "Man. I need to run more often." I said between breaths. I feel my phone started ringing, so I took it out and answered it. "Hello?" I said still out of breath.

"Oh thank god you're alright." Kevin said. "Look Amanda, can we please just talk about this?" Kevin asked. "I'm really sorry, and-" I cut him off.

"What's there to talk about Kevin?!" I yelled at him. "I'm done Kevin, and I'm not coming back!" I said and hung up my phone. Then I threw my phone on the ground and stepped on it, and it broke into small pieces. I started crying and I begin to punch trees while screaming. "Why?!" I screamed. "Why does this have to happen?!" I keep screaming at the top of my lungs, until I blacked out onto the floor.

~Next Morning~

I woke up with a splitting headache, and still in the same spot when I passed out. "Ugh. Damn dude." I said holding my head. I got up from the ground and head towards to the place I've never thought I'd go back to. It took me 15 minutes to find the lab, and I go and head inside the building. I head inside and people started to stare at me. "Got a fucking staring problem?" I asked. "Cause I can rip y'all from limb by limb." I said and they go back to what they were doing.

"Well. Hello Ms.Gonzales." I turn around and see Mr.Greg standing there. "What brings you here?" he asked. "What if they find you here?" he asked.

"I was going to come here yesterday, but I blacked out in the forest." I said and he nods. "Um, do you think I can stay here for a while?" I asked him and he looks suprised. "Me and Kevin, kind of got into an arguement, and I told him that I wasn't going back." I explained to him. "So I don't care if you want to do some test on me, and I really don't care if it kills me or not, even though I can't die." I said and he nods.

"Okay. Well, come with me and we can get you settled in." he says and I nod. "Good to have you back Ms.Gonzales." he said.

"Yeah. Great to be back." I said and I followed him to a familiar room. It was the same room I was in a year ago, when I was getting ready to be shown to the world. "I see that you redid the room." I said and he nods.

"Yep, and we just finished it yesterday, so you came at the right time." he says and I lay down on the bed. "There's some extra clothes and other stuff in the closet and in the bathroom."

"Okay. Thanks Mr.G." I thanked him and he smiles and nods. He goes to leave the room, but his phone starts to ring. He take it out of his pocket and he answers it.

"Hello?" he said and then I hear screaming on the other side of the conversation. "Whoa Kelly, calm down." he says and I sit up from my bed. "Amanda?" he looks at me and I shook my head. "No, I haven't seen her. Why?" he asked. Oh thank god. "Oh really? Well if I see her, I'll let you know." he says and hangs up the phone. "Well, I guess Kelly is upset that you ran away, but your secret is safe with me." he says and I smile.

"Thank you, but eventually they will come here and find me." I said. "Well, I guess I'm going to change and then head to bed." I said and he nods, and then he leaves the room. I get up from the bed and head towards the closet. I open and there were a lot of clothes to chose from. "Holy shit dude." I said suprised. I choose a black and red t-shirt with skulls on it, and then a pair of black basketball shorts. I start taking off my clothes that I had on, and put on the clothes that I picked out from the closet. I let my tail out and I lay down on the bed. "I'm sorry Kelly, but I'm not going home." I whispered to myself and I doze off to sleep.