Chapter 18

Amanda's Pov:

Right now, me and Ms.K are finishing unpacking the rest of the stuff into the house. Mr.Greg had his guards move in the furniture for us. Ms.K met the guys while we were moving our stuff, but I couldn't bare on going near them. Ms.K keeps telling me that they want to see me, but I told her I'm not ready to met them yet.

"Amanda! Come down here please!" Ms.K yelled from downstairs.

"I'm going!" I yelled back. I get up from my bed and head downstairs. Once I was downstairs, my jaw dropped to the floor, and I couldn't believe what I'm seeing. "Um...Ms.K?" I said.

She turns around and smiles. "Amanda! Look who's here to see you." she says pointing to...Kevin.

Kevin turns around and sees me, and he smiles. "Hi. I'm Kevin and you must be Amanda." he says to me.

"Um...yeah. N-Nice to m-meet you K-Kevin." I stuttered.

"Hey. Are you okay?" he asked coming towards me, but I backed off and ran to my room and locked my door. I slide against the door and curled up in a ball, and began to cry. Then I heard running up the stairs, and then knocking on my door. "Amanda? Are you alright?" he says.

"Y-Yeah. I'm-I'm fine. I just...I just need a moment please." I said to him.

"Okay. I'll be back downstairs with your mom." he says and walks back downstairs. I took a few minutes and got up from the floor. I unlocked my door and head downstairs, and went to the kitchen.

"Ms.K! Do we have any soda?" I asked her. Then I hear footsteps behind me and then someone tapping me on my shoulder. I turn around and see Kevin behind me. I began to blush and went towards the stairs, but Kevin grabs my arm and turns me around.

"Hey." he says. "Is everything alright?" he asked. I shook my head and he let's me go. I look at his neck and see that he was wearing his necklace that I gave him.

"I see...that you're wearing the...um neacklace I gave you." I said shyly.

He laughs. "Yeah. I came by to say thank you, and for the charm you gave Nikko." he said.

"You're welcome, and I'm glad you liked it." I said. I went back to the fridge and got two sodas from it. One for me and one for Kevin. I gave Kevin the soda, and he takes it and opens it. "Do you know where my mom went?" I asked Kevin.

"Yeah. She said she had to get some groceries, so she went to the store, and she wanted me to watch you." he says.

"Oh okay. Well do you wanna watch some TV?" I asked him. He smiles and nods, and we to the living room and started watching TV.

Kevin's Pov:

Me and Amanda were watching TV, but something about her seems familiar and I have a strange feeling that I've met her before. Suddenly there was a knock at the door, and Amanda went to go answer it.

"Hello Amanda." someone said. I turn around and see a man in a white coat standing in the doorway.

"What do you want?" Amanda says sounding pissed.

"Oh! I see that you have a guest." he says looking at me.

"Yeah. Ms.K left to go get groceries, so he's watching me." she says pointing at me.

"Well then, I came by to give you this, and to make sure you remember my warnings." he says giving her a box.

"Yeah I do, so don't remind me again." she warns him. "Now. Can you please get out?" she asked.

"Ok. Tell your mom I said hi." he says and then leaves. She closes the door and comes back to the couch. She just stares at the box and puts her hands on it, then closes her eyes. 'Weird.' I thought.

Then she opens her eyes, and starts ripping the box open. She begins crying and I go and hug her, but she just pushes me away. "Amanda? What's wrong?" I asked moving closer to her. "Amanda please answer me." I begged her.

"I'm-I'm sorry, b-but I think y-you need to g-go." she says to me.

"What?" I said. "Why do I have to leave?" I asked.

"Just leave! Please!" she yells at me and I jump back a bit. She covers her mouth and cries even more. "I'm-I'm so sorry. I-I don't know what came over me." she says. I don't say anything, but I just grab her and hug her. She gasped, but she hugs back and cries again. "I'm sorry Kevin." she apologized.

"It's okay, but can you tell me what's wrong?" I asked her. She lets go of my grip and nods. Then she grabs the box and brings it up on her lap, and she takes out this tiny red box and opens it.

"This was the necklace that my birth mother gave me." she says.

"Wait what? Birth mother?" I asked.

She nods. "Yeah. I was taken away by her, and I was only 10 years old." she explained.

"Oh god. I'm so sorry." I said to her and then hugging her, and she hugs back.

"It's okay. Besides, I'm glad that they're safe." she said and lets go of me.

"The guy that came here was the one that took me, and Ms.K is the only one that's being nice to me." she explains. My jaw dropped to the floor and I was shocked on what she said.

"Amanda? I think you should call the police." I said.

"No!" she shouts.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I can't say, because he says if I tell you, he would hurt me." she cries.

"Then you can tell me somewhere else." I said getting up from the couch. She looks at me confused. "Come on. We're going to the park." I said holding out my hand to her.

"I don't know Kevin." she says. "Besides, he watches everywhere I go, even in the fucking bathroom." she says.

"Are you serious?" I said. She shook her head and got up from the couch. "That's invading your privacy." I said.

"I know, but I have something that I've been working on, so that he won't know where I'm at." she says and takes out a small necklace and puts it around her neck. "Okay. Im ready." She says. I smile and nod, and we head out the door and made our way to the park.