Chapter twenty-four: Sibling Rivalry

A week had passed since the boys and I’ve been stuck in this camp. Most days were spent doing rigorous training and looking at nothing but the hazy sun. It was to say the most, extremely dull. It was quite sad to think that I’ve actually memorized half of the training routines and even signed up for more than four a day. I was going to a total of six training stations a day. I was probably insane now, seeing as I was not even close to myself anymore.

“Chelsea?” A faint voice asked.

I sighed and continued to tie my hair into a tight ponytail. “Yes?” I whirled around to face Chris already in my training wear.

“You’ve got to stop this.” His eyes looked dark and ghostly, but he still looked strong. He was never to deter from his usual bright mood anyways.

“Stop what?”

He scowled at me. “Don’t play dumb.”

I rolled my eyes and continued to walk out of our little tent. “Well what else do you want me to do?” I snapped. “I might as well learn as much as I can about myself by training.”

Chris shook his head sadly at me. “This is about not being able to communicate with Blabs, isn’t it?”

I bit my lip and didn’t answer.

“Look, Chels.” He started. “It’s only been a week. You can’t stop trying now.”

“Chris, it’s just not that!” I snapped. “It’s everything! It’s because we’ve been stuck here for a whole week now! It’s because we haven’t had any help yet! And it’s also because we have no idea if Rose and Sawyer are okay!”

He kept silent after that and just walked next to me until we reached the training station. A searing wave of guilt washed over me as I kept sneaking glances at Chris. I hadn’t meant to let out all my anger at him. I was just about to apologize when I collided into someone. Thanks to Chris’ exemplary reflexes, I was fine. He had caught me by the waist before I had fallen, while the other person wasn’t so lucky.

“I’m so sorry!” I noticed that the person was a boy that looked to be around my age, but maybe a bit older. I crouched down to help the poor guy up. “Are you okay?”

He nodded, still in quite a daze. His hair was a platinum blonde, that was sloppily disheveled on his head. “Thanks.” He said after I had helped him up.

He was on the scrawny side, but I would be lying if I said he wasn’t attractive at all. He had the lightest blue eyes I had ever seen.

Chris cleared his throat loudly, which stopped my thoughts abruptly. “We were on our way man. We’ll see you around?”

The guy nodded and smiled at me. “I didn’t catch your name.”

I felt my cheeks flush. “Chelsea.”

He nodded. “Theo.”

My cheeks instantly lost their warmth. “I’m sorry…did you say Theo?”

*****_*****

Rose’s POV

“I’ve got it!” I screeched as I burst through the doors of Sean’s office.

His gray eyes snapped towards me in alarm, but I honestly couldn’t care less if he thought I was insane. “I know what we can do!” 

“I think this is it!” Nate cheered beside me. The two of us had been working nonstop on thinking about possible ways to get to Chelsea and the guys.

Eliza clapped enthusiastically beside Sean. “Please do tell!”

I smirked and went out of the office ushering the group of people inside. Every single one of them stepped inside and awkwardly stood in front of Sean’s desk.  “Sean, meet some of the best fighters in the mystical floor.” I introduced.

*****_*****

Chelsea’s POV

I grabbed Theo by the shoulders. “You’re Theo?!”

“Yes!” He hollered back.

I controlled my jumping insides. “Do you know who Aria is?”

His eyes instantly saddened. “Yes.”

“Theo, Aria is here!”

His pristine blue eyes swelled. “She is? Where is she?”

“You mean…you haven’t seen her yet?”

He shook his head. “No, I thought you did. You did say she was here after all.”

My insides churned. I didn’t want to think it was true. “Let’s just keep an open eye for her. She might be right in front of our noses.” I wasn’t sure if I was trying to persuade Theo or myself. 

The truth was, if Aria wasn’t here, then she had to be with Maya.  It was the only logical explanation I could grasp. 

I didn’t even want to know what Maya was doing right now.

*****_*****

Aria’s POV

I closed my eyes as I curled up into a ball.  I was utterly pathetic right now.  The only comfort I had was Stacy, and she was even gone now.  I had no idea what Maya had done to her, but I knew it wasn’t good.  Stacy was curled up in a similar way like me, but something about her was different.  It’s like she was gone…she wasn’t even moving.  I sighed and returned to staring at the steel walls.  The fact that Maya had thought that I would have the capability to break through these walls humored me.  She hadn’t even changed me yet, which I was grateful for.  Though I knew she was only planning something worse for me.

The creak of the door had caught my attention, and I instinctively looked up.  I felt myself shudder as Maya came in with a big grin on her face.

“Hey sis.”

I clutched my necklace tightly.  “Don’t remind me.” I spat out. 

Her grin faded and it was replaced with her usual scowl.  “You were always so unwelcome with me.”

I gave her a blank stare.

She sighed and continued to pace around my cell. “I just came here to tell you that we’re almost to our goal.  We only need to change a few more shifters, and we’ll be there.” 

“Maya,” I warned.  “You won’t win.  You never have won.  Why do you think mom left dad?”

She glared at me.  “The same reason why you left with mom.”

I held back my argument. If I said anymore, she’d be out of control.  I could already see her hazel eyes struggling to keep their color.

“We had every right to leave you.” I muttered angrily.

Her eyes, now a full red, stared back at me with smoldering hatred. I made sure to avert my gaze elsewhere. I had learned over the course of my stay here that that was how she changed people.

“I’m not the bad one here Aria.  I’m just the girl trying to get revenge.”  She whispered darkly. “In my defense,” she continued.  “This was all your fault.  You made  me like this.”  She left the room after that.

I tasted a salty liquid and I realized that I had been crying.  Wiping my tears away, I willed myself not to dwell on what Maya had said.  Though my conscience had other plans.

“Is it true?”

I snapped my gaze on Stacy.

“Is it?” She asked again.

“What is?”

“Maya’s going after Sean, isn’t she?”

I let the silence answer her question.

*****_*****

Author's note

Yes, I'm aware how short it is, but I wanted to be able to update this week.  I'm busy this weekend so that's why I haven't updated in a while. I wrote this in the little spare time I had so it will be short...not to worry....the next chapter will be posted some time next week.  Also, thank you so much for the reads on Healer!! I'll try to update that tomorrow, but no promises. There's supposed to be a snowstorm tomorrow, so my plans may get cancelled ;) It's of course my luck to have a snowstorm on my birthday.

Have a nice day!