Chapter eleven: Don't Panic! Yeah right...

When Rose told me not to be frightened, I mentally prepared my brain for the worst. I was expecting crazy, barbaric animals tearing the whole gym apart. What I didn't expect though, was playing a simple game of kickball...with a whole team of wolves and jungle cats.

The coach blew his whistle catching everyone's attention.

"Royal floor is up to kick! Non shifters out in the field!" He clapped his hands loudly. "Go, go, go!"

Grumbles and protests of the non shifters filled the large room. The Royal Floor however, had an obnoxious smirk splayed upon their doggy and kitty faces.

"We have to play against them?" I asked Rose.

She nodded, swooping her shoulder length fiery hair up to a tight ponytail.

"Yep. Each floor has a seperate gym." She explained to me. "Since the non shifters and Royal floor share a floor, we also share a gym." She looked around cautiously before whispering to me. "Pretty unfair if you ask me."

I glanced at a blonde girl who was up to kick. Her eyes flashed an alarming yellow, before returning to her clear blue. She smirked, kicking the oncoming ball with such force that I thought wasn't humanly possible. In a flash, she shifted to a light brown bobcat and sprinted towards the first base easily.

"Is that even fair?" I shrieked. "They can shift and we can't!"

"We can't shift yet." A male voice corrected my last statement.

"Oh!" Rose smacked her forehead. "I forgot to introduce you to good 'ol Nate here!" She dragged Nate by her side. "Nate, this is Chelsea. Chelsea, this is Nate."

Nate sheepishly waved at me. "Hey."

I returned the awkward wave.

"And this is Jane!" Rose called over a girl with wavy chestnut brown hair.

Jane smiled politely. "New girl?"

I nodded.

"This is Chelsea." Rose tapped me on the shoulder.

I rolled my eyes. "We get it Rose! I'm Chelsea the new girl."

"Watch out!" Nate gasped.

That's when I saw the oncoming kickball speeding off towards my direction.

You know what's the worst part of this?

The last thing I heard was Blabs saying "Oh crap" alarmingly in my ear.

**********

I never was much of the clumsy type.

Okay I lied...I am.

Though today just about proved my utter luck to get hit.

I've been hit by kickballs before, but never by a kickball that was hit by a superhuman.

And let me tell you something...it hurt.

Bad.

That was why I was currently in my dorm with Rose holding an ice pack against my pounding head.

How I didn't get a concussion? I had no clue.

"Rose would you please turn down your music?" I winced when Justin Timberlake hit those flawless high falsetto notes. They weren't so flawless when you had a migraine.

Rose stuck out her tongue before lowering the volume of her phone.

She had somehow sneaked in her phone without getting caught, thanks to her sister Bella.