Chapter twenty-three: Communicating With Blabs

Chapter twenty three: Communicating With Blabs

I nervously stepped out of the white tent with my red uniform brightly on display for everyone to see. The uniforms however were much different from the uniforms that the guards were wearing. The guards had a much more...clean or sleeker look, I guess you would say. They just stood out despite the similar uniform.

Gina came up next to me with her usual bright smile. I was growing weary with her happiness already. "Chelsea right?" She clarified as we fell in step together.

I nodded.

"The training stations aren't that bad." She informed me. "Just try to listen to the trainer's instructions. Oh and one more tip!" She grinned widely at me as she led me through the thick canopies of red clothed people. "Do not mess with Tanya."

"Who?"

"Tanya Bliss. She was the first to be changed by Maya." She frowned suddenly. "Poor girl. Wasn't even a shifter to begin with."

I blinked confusedly. "Do regular humans get changed the same way as shifters?"

She shook her head. "Humans are weaker obviously. Since they don't have a core animal," she glanced at my perplexed face. "Meaning that they're not a shifter," she explained, "they absolutely cannot fight back with their animals."

I gasped. "At all?"

"At all. They are completely taken over and the only way they can go back to their human forms is when their animals grow tired. At least shifters like us can at least learn to control them."

"That sounds terrible."

Gina nodded. "I know. All of us here in this camp were originally shifters when we got changed. Tanya was the only human changed."

An idea began to be imbedded in my mind. "Gina!" I shrieked.

She stopped in her tracks as she looked at me with confused eyes. "Yes?"

"Do you...want to change back?" I hesitantly asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean to be normal. Just a regular shifter. None of this All-Shifter mumbo jumbo stuff included."

"If course I do. What person would want to be us?" She snorted.

"There has to be a way Gina." I began pondering my theory. "Think about it! Humans can't be controlled when change because they don't have their 'core animal.'"

She still stood there quiet, not quite getting where I was going with this.

"If all-shifters like us can semi-control ourselves, doesn't that mean our 'core animal' can put a stop to all the other animals?"

Gina's eyes were huge with hope. "Is that even possible?"

I shrugged. "Has your 'core animal' talked to you yet since you shifted?"

"No, not yet."

I smirked. "Well we're making them talk."

She chuckled at that. "Good luck with that dear."

Time to make Blabs come out of her shell.

**********

"You're ridiculous." Aaron observed me as I sat at the corner of our tent.

Gina was right. The training stations weren't so bad after all. They only lasted about an hour each, and all we pretty much did were shifting exercises. Chris and Aaron just kept shifting to their wolves, which the trainers did not notice at all. So here we were now in our tent. I had filled Chris and Aaron in on my theory, which both of them accepted with laughter. Apparently I looked pretty funny trying to communicate with Blabs.

"And you're ignorant." I muttered.

"Any luck yet?" Chris boredly sat next to me.

I sighed. "No."

"Keep trying then."

I glared at him. "I know!"

**********

Rose's POV

I don't think I've ever been this happy to arrive at school.

Ever.

"Yes!" I hurried to take the key out of the ignition. I didn't even bother to lock the doors or even to check if Sawyer got out of the car. The second I opened the door, I sprinted out.

"Wait up Rose!"

"Faster, faster, faster." I willed myself to run. The front doors were in my field of view now.

"Rose?" I ignored whoever was calling my name. It was probably just Sawyer anyway. "Rose! It's me Nate!"

I slowed down my running and turned around. It was Nate.

"Where have you been?! Are Chelsea and Sawyer with you?"

I winced at his angry tone. "Look, Nate. It's a really long story. I just need Sean or Eliza now. Chelsea and the boys are in trouble."

"By boys you mean-"

"Chris and Aaron."

"So Sawyer's with you then?"

I nodded. "He should be catching up any second now."

"Sean's in his office. Here I'll come with you."

**********

Chelsea's POV

"Blabs...Blabs...Blabs..."

"Maybe if you slap yourself on the face she'll answer." Chris piped in honestly.

I scowled at him and slapped him square on the cheek.

"What was that for?" He cried.

"Did your animal answer you?"

He rose an eyebrow. "No..."

"Good. I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't work."

**********

Rose's POV

"You're kidding me." Sean toyed with his pen nervously.

I nervously laughed. "I'm not."

I had just told Sean everything that had happened ever since we sneaked out.

He rubbed his temples in an attempt to control himself. "So you're telling me, Chelsea Renni turned into an all-shifter and is now captured by other all-shifters with my son?"

"And Aaron."

He grit his teeth. "And Aaron."

"Sean..." Eliza warned.

"No, no, I'm fine." He got up from his chair and started to pace around. "Why wouldn't I be fine? I mean a student of mine and potentially other students are now all-shifters. Not to mention my son and his best friend may be dead at this very moment."

"Think positive sir!" Nate encouraged.

Sean glowered at him, but quickly lost his anger and his gray eyes suddenly looked deflated. Tired even.

"What are we going to do?" I cautiously asked him. I didn't want the risk of getting eaten alive by Sean's brown bear form.

He sighed deeply. "I don't know Rose. I just don't know. What can we do? We can't send out another search party, you saw how the last one ended."

"We have to do something though!" Eliza insisted.

Sean shrugged. "I just...don't know."

Eliza's eyes softened and she kissed Sean's cheek softly. "We'll think of something, honey."

"I hope so. I really do."