Chapter thirteen: Stay Away From The Red Head

"Chelsea?"

I blinked confusedly as my whole vision was tainted with red.

"Chelsea?" Pounding footsteps were nearing me.

I looked up from my fetal position on the ground to see Chris barreling towards me with his gray worried eyes shining. My vision flashed into a bright red for a second, before returning back to normal.

"Chelsea!" Chris hollered for the third time. "Are you okay?"

I struggled to get up from the ground as the world swayed along with me.

In an instant, Chris was by my side helping me up.

"What happened to you?" Chris had his arm slung securely on my waist.

I had a tight grip around his neck, but I honestly couldn't care if I was choking him or not.

"I-I'm not really sure. Just tripped." I lied.

He frowned. "You're always so clumsy."

I scowled at him. "Says the guy who tripped down a whole flight of stairs because of a measly spider."

He mirrored my scowl. "Like you're not afraid of them either!"

"Yeah, but I wouldn't hurl myself down a flight of stairs because I saw one!" I snorted.

"Hello?" A quiet voice squeaked behind us.

Chris flinched and let me go, causing me to land back down on the thankfully carpeted floor.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" A girl that looked to be around my age came into view. "I was looking for the both of you after I heard you guys calling my name." She brushed a stray lock of her fiery red hair away from her face.

"You're Maya?" I helped myself off from the ground.

She nodded holding out her hand. "Yep! Nice to meet ya." She grinned widely at the two of us.

Chris and I both glanced at each other.

"Nice...to meet you too?" I took her hand and shook it.

"Are Theo and Aria alright? The three of us hid here after we heard the screaming. Theo and Aria went to check on what was happening." She explained to us.

I nervously played with my hands. "Maya's fine."

"Oh thank god! I was so worried!" She stopped mid sentence. "Wait...how about Theo?"

"He-"

"He was captured. Wasn't he?" She sagged her shoulders down.

I sighed. "He might be okay Maya." I pointed out.

"Where's Aria?" She ignored my previous statement.

"Aria is in her dorm with Rose." Chris looked out of the library window. "We could take you there if you want. I think they all stopped attacking now."

"What were those things anyway?" Maya asked.

I held up a hand. "Don't waste your breath. He won't tell you." I pointed a glare at Chris.

"You know me so well Chels!" He faked enthusiasm.

I rolled my eyes. "Just show her where Aria is you idiot."

He suddenly turned serious. "Can you walk?"

I was reminded of the sharp pain that had penetrated through me earlier. All that remained was a dull throb that spread throughout my torso.

God it hurt to breath.

"I'll be fine." I lied.

**********

"I'll be fine." Chris mocked me. He shook his head at me laughing.

I rolled my eyes.  "I was fine."

"That's why you fainted, right?" Rose joined in.

After we had dropped Maya off to Aria's dorm, I had apparently fainted on Aria's bed.

Maya laughed along with Rose. The both of them mirroring laughs and their fiery red hair.

Aria still sat unresponsive on the carpet, clutching her necklace tightly.

"Her boyfriend gave that to her." Maya whispered to Rose, Chris, and I.

Rose sighed heavily. "Poor Theo."

"Will anyone look for him?" I asked.

Chris nodded. "I'm sure he wasn't the only one captured. Sean should be sending out several search parties."

My vision flashed for the second time a sickly red, before returning back to normal.

Maya pouted. "I hope they find everyone."

We all nodded in agreement.

Maya walked over towards Aria slowly.

"Aria?" She softly whispered. Maya tapped an unresponsive Aria on the shoulder. "Aria?"

"Don't talk to me." Aria spat out bitterly. She whirled around and pointed an accusing finger at Maya. "Get out of here!"

I jumped in between them. "Woah!"

"Now!" Aria shrieked. Her curls bounced wildly as she trembled behind me. "Get her out of here now!"

"Oh my..." Rose looked at Maya. "Come with me!" She tugged Maya out of the room hurriedly. Chris followed closely behind them.

"What was that?"

Aria closed her eyes. "Stay away from Maya."

"I-"

"Please." She pleaded. Her emerald eyes were moisted over with tears. "She's not...safe."

I stayed silent. "All right."

**********

Author's note

Sorry for the quick chapter, but it just HAD to end there. It was a perfect place to end :)

Don't forget to comment and vote! I read and respond to every single one.

Have a nice day!

-Maria