Chapter one: Sour Milk and Fish Oil

DISCLAIMER: I started this book when I was thirteen, so these chapters are pretty cringe-worthy.  I will be continuing it though since my break with Wattpad is over!!!  The latest chapters are alright I guess, but it's pretty bumpy with all the grammar and the plot and all the blah blah blah....Anyways, once I finish this book I will rewrite every chapter so it will be actually something I'm prod of!  Please tolerate my thirteen year old imagination for now...

Chapter One: Sour Milk and Fish Oil

I struggled to keep my eyes open as my boring teacher endlessly droned on and on about geometry. Sighing, I looked down at my blank page. I had given up taking notes a whole thirty minutes ago. Instead of paying attention, I doodled swirls and random words on the corner of my paper trying to look occupied with my nonsense.

"Ms. Renni?"

I flinched at my teacher's tone and obediently looked up.

"Yes?"

His left eye twitched. "I asked you what the answer was. "

I strayed my eyes to the chalkboard seeing nothing but random numbers and a bunch of squares. The whole classroom was eerily quiet as my peers awaited my response.

Shrugging, I replied, "Twenty eight?"

Mr. Marlin's face contorted to shock and annoyance. I bit back a gleeful laugh.

You better hold that laugh back unless you want lunch detention.. a voice behind my head murmured.

I gripped my pencil tightly.

There was that voice again!

I shook my head.

I am officially insane...

'No you're not.'

What the heck?

"Hey are you okay?"

I snapped my head towards the sound of the voice. My friend Chris stood there with worry and confusion spread against his handsome face.

"You' ve been ignoring my notes."

I glanced to my desk to see a pile of crumpled up notes. I sheepishly grinned up at him.

"Sorry...."

He shook his head chuckling. "It's fine." He grew silent before awkwardly scratching his neck, a nervous habit of his. "Are you sure you're okay though? This isn't the first time you've been zoning out on me. Ever since you've turned seventeen last week." He added.

"I-"

"Ms. Renni and Mr. Esser. What is it that is so important that it can't wait after class?" Mr. Marlin glowered.

I laughed nervously. "Nothing..."

"Lunch detention tomorrow, the both of you." He finalized.

I slumped down on my seat.

Well that's just peachy... the voice murmured again.

**********

I waited outside of the classroom for Chris.

"Hey." I greeted him.

He responded with a warm smile. "Hey."

"Chelsea!"

Chris and I both turned around to see a frantic Rachael barreling towards us.

"Woah Rach, slow down there!" Chris teased.

She shrugged Chris off and focused on me with enthusiasm seeping from her.

"Guess what!" She squeaked.

"What?" I playfully asked.

She giggled helplessly and held up a test that had a sticker and a clear one hundred drawn on the top right corner.

"I aced my social studies test!" She jumped around Chris and I in a jolly fashion.

"That's great Rachael." I applauded her teasingly.

She stuck her tongue out like the five year old she was.

"You guys are just jelly that you can't ace a test like me."

I rolled my eyes. "I got a hundred and five on that test Rach."

"Shut up." She grumbled. "Let me for once gloat!"

I raised my hands up in surrender.

"Whatever floats your boat Rach."

"Hey have you seen Naomi and Tailynn around?" Chris suddenly interjected.

Rachael and I shared amused glances.

"They went on a double date." I whispered to Chris.

His eyebrows sky rocketed to surprise.

"Is that so? With whom?" He mused.

Grinning, I replied, "With Jace and and Tony of course!"

Rachael sighed dreamily. "I knew it was bound to happen!"

Chris rolled his eyes. "Let's just go to lunch?"

Rachael nodded happily. "Yes! I'm starved!"

**********

The three of us set ourselves outisde in a picnic table for lunch.

"Don't you just love spring!" Rach said as she pulled out a peanut butter sandwich.

I nodded. "Yeah, I like eating outside."

Chris sneezed. "I don't exactly appreciate the season of allergies." He muttered.

Just then, the most putrid smell intoxicated my lungs. I coughed out in disgust.

"What's wrong?" Rachael had her eyebrows creased in worry.

"You mean you guys don't smell that?" I managed to choke out.

Both of them sniffed the air accordingly.

"I don't smell anything."

"Yeah, me either."

What?

"Do you need to go to the nurse?" Chris asked.

"No, it's just a bad smell."

He frowned at my response. He stepped closer to me, which only intensified the horrid stench.

"Oh my god Chris!" I shrieked.

"What!?"

I tentatively stepped towards him and sniffed.

"What the heck are you doing Chels?" Rachael stood dumbfounded next to us.

"It is you!" I finally concluded.

"What do you mean?!" Chris exclaimed.

"You smell horrible! Gosh, take a bath or two!" I rummaged my bag for a body mist.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I found the glorious body spray. I took it and sprayed a generous amount of it on Chris.

"Chelsea! I think that's enough!" Chris hollered.

"Hold still Chris!"

"Let go of me woman!"

"Chris! Just stay STILL!"

"NEVER!"

I hissed curses under my breath when I saw Chris run off to his guy friends.

"What was that all about?" Rachael asked amused.

"So you honestly did not smell it?"

She shook her head, making her long brown hair fall out of her ponytail. "Why? Was the smell so bad?"

"Horrible." I stated. "It was like sour milk and fish oil all rolled into one vial of stink."

She giggled at my analogy. "Well I didn't smell it. Maybe you're going crazy Chels." She patted me on the shoulder. "Either way, I still love you."

I shoved her away gently. "Eat your sandwich Rach."