Chapter six: My Growling Dilemma

Maybe it was just me, but I was absolutely horrified and apprehensive about going to some school with crazy animal people roaming around.

Sawyer however, seemed to warm up to the idea quite well.

I was dying out of frustration trying to hopelessly convince my dear mother and father to not force me to go.

"Mom please!" I again whined. I sounded similarly to our neighbors bratty daughter, but I honestly couldn't care less.

"Chelsea I said no." She finalized. "This is for your own good."

"My own good?!" I incredulously laughed. "That's absurd."

She sighed heavily. "Look it seems bad now, but you'll learn to like it there."

I snorted defiantly. "Right."

"I don't have time for this anymore." She looked out of the living room window. "I'm going out for a run. When I come back, we'll be on our way."

I watched my mom scurry hurriedly out of the front door. I glanced at the floor, which was currently piled with suitcases.

"Hey kiddo." Dad strolled in the living room holding his usual mug of coffee. He took a long sip before speaking. "So...excited?"

I blinked boredly at him.

"Flipping ecstatic." I muttered.

"That's good." He seemed to have failed to even acknowledge my sarcastic tone.

I rolled my eyes.

Typical dad.

"Can I ask you a question?" I finally spoke up amidst the obvious cloud of tension.

"Depends on the question."

"How long will Sawyer and I stay there?"

Dad scrunched his face up. "Oh I don't know. Five months I would imagine."

"What?!"

Dad winced. "I have a feeling that doesn't appeal to you."

I ignored him and focused on the zigzag zagging thoughts I had.

Five months...that was pretty long.

Wow. Good job for figuring that out Einstein.

I rolled my eyes at Blabs.

"Dad?! Five months! That's like..." I wracked my head for the right thing to say.

"Long?" He offered.

"Long." I confirmed. 

He shrugged. "I don't know what you want me to say honey."

I pouted. "This sucks."

He laughed and ruffled my hear up.

I growled angrily at him.

I stopped.

I just growled.

My god you're so slow! Yes you growled! Whoopty doo! Blabs snarled.

"Dad..." I shakily wavered off.

He blinked confusedly at me. "Did you growl? Or was that just my stomach?"

"I...I think it was me."

He grinned broadly and patted me on the back. "Hey you must be a pretty big animal if you could growl that loud."

"Or she could be a fat pitbull." Sawyer came in the living room lugging around his red suitcase.

I narrowed my eyes like slits as I glared at him.

Oh he did not just call me a pitbull!  Blabs commented dryly.

I felt another growl rising up from the back of my throat, but I swallowed it back down.

"Where's mom?" Sawyer stood next to me awaiting an answer.

I didn't trust my voice to speak in fear that if I did, another vile sound would erupt from my throat.

"She went out for a jog." Dad sipped from his blue mug.

Sawyer nodded and drummed his fingers anxiously on his suitcase. Yet again, Mr. Awkward silence came strolling through the living room inhabiting dad, Sawyer, and I in an endless sea of silence.

"So is it cool there?" Sawyer tried to start a conversation with dad.

Dad's sea green eyes brightened at the mention of the beloved Shapeshifter Academy.

"It's wonderful there! There was this one time when..."

I blocked out their voices and sighed. I needed fresh air. As quietly as humanly possible, I tip toed my way outside. I happily welcomed the lukewarm breeze that billowed about merrily. My eyes strayed subconsciously to Chris's house, which was right across from mine. I smiled happily when I caught sight of him getting his mail.

"Chris!" I waved my arms around as I walked closer to him.

He smiled, though it looked weary and strained. I felt my smile drop too at the sad sight infront of me.

"What's wrong?"

His eyes, that always reminded me of shiny tinsel during Christmas, looked significantly darker than his usual bright grey.

"Nothing." He muttered.

"Riiiight..." I trailed off.

His lips twitched a hair length upwards.

"So what's up?" He casually leaned against his mailbox.

I fidgeted nervously with the hem of my blouse. "Nothing really." I lied. "Are you okay though? Rachael told me you've been absent for a whole week."

He bitterly laughed. "Yeah, well life's not so peachy right now." He grumbled something under his breath that I didn't quite catch.

"Okay then...I'll be on my way now then." I awkwardly shuffled away from an amused/confused Chris.

Great job Chels....

For the first time ever, I couldn't agree more with Blabs.

**********

Author's note

Sorry for the short chapter! Though more updates are coming. I'm just having some issues with Wifi right now. The dang company keeps accidentally shutting my family's wifi off.

#Cantlivewithoutwifi

Anyways....

What animal do you think Chelsea is? HMMM?

And what about Chris? *Laughs evilly*

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW