Chapter twelve: I Probably Should've Listened to the Wolf

"Chris I want to help!" I pleaded.

He shook his head once again. "It's too dangerous out there Chels!"

"Well I can't just sit here!" I walked over to a window and glanced out. All that could be seen were constant blurs of red.

"What's happening?" Rose cried.

Chris sighed frustratingly. "Look, you guys will find out eventually. In fact...the whole school will probably know by the end of this week!" He paced back and forth constantly in my dorm.

I looked over at Rose. She met my eyes and stuck her tongue out behind the pacing Chris.

Only Rose.

Out of nowhere, there were several loud crashes followed be screams that were heard out in the hall.

Chris cursed and looked back at us. "Do not move! Got it?"

Rose and I nodded like the perfect little angels we were.

"We won't move." I assured Chris.

He pouted and wearily looked between Rose and I. "You guys are gonna go as soon as I leave. Aren't you?"

Rose scoffed. "Oh please!"

Chris rolled his large gray eyes. "You might as well come with me then."

I fist pumped in the air along with Rose.

"You have to do everything I say!" Chris shook his head. "Hopefully you guys aren't that stupid."

"Did you just openly called us stupid?" Rose huffed angrily.

Chris smirked at us. "No...I said I'm hoping you two aren't that stupid. There's a difference."

"Hardly." I muttered.

He ignored me and cautiously walked over to the door. He looked back at us. "Stay behind me okay? I'm going to shift so open the door for me."

I nodded and closed my eyes. I hated seeing people shift.

It was...disgusting

I felt a nudge on my shoulder after a while.

"You can look now." Rose nudged me once again.

I peeked one eye open and saw a grinning wolf sitting obediently like a trained dog.

I couldn't help but laugh at the sight. The wolf cocked its big furry head to the side.

I walked over to it and patted its head. "Good doggy!"

A low growl erupted from the ball of fluff. I laughed once again and scratched its ears.

"You're so cute!" I squealed.

The wolf glared at me with its shining gray eyes.

Okay...that's enough! Blabs whined.

I sighed but obeyed.

"Ready?" Rose gripped the door handle quickly.

"Ready."

She swung the door open quickly. Immediately, the tawny wolf jumped infront of us, as if to shield Rose and I.

I focused on my surroundings more closely. The hall was completely silent, save for wolfy's breathing.

Silence was the last thing I wanted to hear in a moment like this. Out of nowhere, a shrill scream was heard somewhere. Rose and I followed the wolf as it led us to several hallways and corridors...all completely silent.