Chapter ten: Meeting Rose

"Here's your schedule and your room number!" Eliza handed me a whole stack of papers.

"That looks more like my schedule and my room number." I nervously picked up the stack of papers from her.

Eliza sheepishly twirled a curly lock of brown hair around her finger.

"I ah...took the opportunity to also get you a pamphlet for every class you had, plus a map."

I glanced down at the mountainous pile of papers I had and smiled.

"Thanks Eliza. I would hug you right now if I could!" Sadly, my stack of papers were keeping me from hugging her.

She beamed at me. "That's great then!" She smirked at Sawyer and handed him an even bigger stack of papers.

Sawyer blinked at the monster of a pile.

"That's all...mine?!" He stammered.

"Well of course not!" Eliza laughed. "Only half of it is yours. The rest are for Chelsea."

"Then why do I have to carry them?" He whined.

Eliza scowled at him. "Be a gentleman dear."

Sawyer sighed, but nonetheless took the load of papers.

"You owe me." He gasped out.

I softly giggled when I saw him wobble his way out the office.

"Well?" He turned around. "Are you coming or not?"

"Thanks for everything Eliza!" I waved goodbye to her before catching up with a Sawyer.

"The dorms better be close by." He muttered angrily to himself.

I decided not to tell him that our dorms were on the top floor.

**********

I glanced down at the map Eliza had given me. Sawyer was now carrying ALL my papers after I argued that I needed to be able to hold the map comfortably.

I know feeble argument, but he still agreed!

"Do...you...know...where...we are?" He panted out.

"I know we're on the right floor. I just don't know where the dorms are."

I wished that I had let Aaron show me where the dorms were.

"Give me the map." He muttered.

"No!" I shrieked. "You'll drop all the papers!"

He groaned frustratingly.

"It's upside down, isn't it?" He dryly replied.

"Don't be an idiot Sawyer. I'm not that stu-" I glanced down at the map. I sheepishly laughed at my glowering brother and flipped the map the right way.

"How are you a straight A student?" He remarked.

I shrugged. "How are you a straight B and C student?"

"Touche."

"There it is!" I pointed to a long and wide hallway. "Follow me."

"What's your room number?"

I stole a paper swiftly from his pile.

"It says room 30A." I read.

Sawyer nudged his head towards a door.

"I think it's this one."

I nodded and took the keys Sean and Eliza had given me earlier out of my pocket. The door though, opened before I had the chance to put the key in. A girl with vibrant red hair stared up at me with lime green eyes.