Chapter 30

Joshua finished up the last of his dumplings and then carried the dirty dishes into the kitchen. He wasn't sure weather to give Payton more time or to just go on up and open up the can of worms all over again. He played out a scenario in his mind of what might happen if he went on up and Payton wasn't ready. It would be bad. She might not only throw him out of the bedroom but out of the house completely.  No he decided to sit a spell and look into the word of God and see if the Lord might speak to him. Maybe something would stick out to him. Or he might stumble across a scripture that would help Payton to accept that God had made Grace and in his eyes she was perfect and that was all that mattered... yes, he would just sit here at the table where he could enjoy the light from the open window. So he retrieved his bible and before opening it he said a simple prayer that God would help him to open his bible to something that would help him.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12: then shall you call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me and I will hearken unto you.

2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all Grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work;"

Psalm 27:14  Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

He was sure that last one was for him. He could hear Payton coming down the stairs and so he said a prayer of thanks and asked for the Lord's guidance as he closed his bible. When he opened his eyes she was sitting down before him.