CHAPTER 15: THIS IS US

A/N: This chapter is short, but sweet and important for both characters. Hope that you enjoy it.

Delilah woke up early and hurriedly went to shower, brush her teeth and finish her business in the bathroom. She quickly dressed into dark jeans shorts and a pink hoodie. On her feet she wore fuzzy socks. She waited patiently for Samson who should be arriving with breakfast in a few minutes. It's his turn to share stories, pictures and videos with her. He made her nervous, but she was excited to see him. She jumped when the doorbell rang. Her smile grew wider as opened the door and saw him standing right in front of her with two bags in his hands. The warm April breeze stroked her bare legs.

Delilah:"Come on in." She moved to the side so that he can enter. He smiled at her as he walked passed her setting their breakfast on the small round table.

Samson:"I brought your favorite..." He stopped and looked at her feeling awkward. "At least I still think it's your favorite." She looked at the lightly toasted blueberry bagel with cream cheese and blueberry jam along with a medium size regular coffee. "It has two sugars."

Delilah:"Looks delicious. I can't wait to eat it." She smiled at him as she sat down. His heart fluttered when she smiled at him. He cleared his throat and sat down across from her instead of next to her. Samson looked at her bare legs in those small shorts and knew if his hand was to graze her flesh, he would lose control especially now that his hands were itching.

Samson:"So," he began. "What will you like to do first?" He took a bite out of his bagel.

Delilah:"Can you tell me about how we met?" He smiled at her and thought it will be awkward to tell her about the contract. He didn't want to keep anything from her either, but he wanted her trust and telling her about the contract was not the way to go. Besides, once she gets her memory, any little lie he told her wouldn't matter cause she will know the truth. He took a deep breath.

Samson:"We met at the park. I was playing chess and I saw a small child run up to you asking to tie her shoe. You being the sweetest person that you are, you bent down and tied her shoe." He used his father's meeting with her and that was the way to go. He was glad that he actually payed attention to details. "Anyway, I thought to myself, I have to get to know this woman so I introduced myself."

Delilah:"All because I tied a child's shoe?" She giggled.

Samson:"Well yeah. Everyone has their weird ways of meeting people somewhere down the line of their lives." He sipped his coffee. "So we went out on quite a few dates. A month later, we moved in together."

Delilah:"A month?!" Her big hazel eyes opened wide in disbelief.

Samson:"Yup and we are the happiest couple in town...No on Earth...No in the Universe." They both laughed. She looked at him putting her small hand on his large one. He swallowed as he felt the warmth of her hand on his. His thumb lightly rubbed her own thumb clearing his throat.

Delilah:"I'm so sorry Samson that this is happening to you, to us. I just want you to know that I'm doing my best to remember our lives together." She removed her hand knowing that it was affecting him.

Samson:"I know." He whispered. "Me, our friends...we're all here to help you remember."

Delilah:"Last night I dreamnt of snow, a small child and a fireplace. You were there and so was everyone else." She looked into his eyes. "Does that mean anything to you?" She asked hoping that he had some information to share with her. Samson laughed through his nose.

Samson:"Yes it does." He rose from the chair gesturing his hand towards the sofa for Delilah to sit so that he can share that story with her. Delilah got comfy on the sofa as Samson sat beside her. He began telling her about the trip to his family cabin with their friends for the holidays. He told her about the fireplace at the cabin and the little girl that Maddie threw in the snow. They both laughed hard as he continued telling her all about their trip. He told her about the charity gala that they had attended and how beautifully exquisite she looked in her long gold dress. He told her about their favorite cafe and about his father. He took out his phone and went to photos. For every picture that he showed her, he told her a short story behind it. He scrolled past five pictures before he got to one with both of them kissing. He cleared his throat. "We can skip pictures like these if it makes you uncomfortable." His eyes was full of sadness and emotions.