CHAPTER 6: CHARITY

A/N: Hey readers! I hope you all have been enjoying my story. As you read so far, Samson has become attracted to Delilah on a different level. Do you ship them? Let me know in the comments below and give it a star.

SATURDAY

Abraham was known for throwing the biggest charity parties in the entire town. Everyone who was rich attended his charities. He had live bands and endless catering and drinks for his guest.

Stokes Manor has the biggest and the most beautiful gardens. There were lighted garnets fashionably placed along with white drapes. Wide round tables with white linen clothes draped over it lazily and had a huge floral centerpiece. The band played music while some of the guest danced and others were talking and mingling. Samson arrived with Delilah on his arm. He wore a black tuxedo looking very distinguished. She wore a long gold gown and her hair was up Greek style. She was breathtaking not only to Samson, but to the many men single and married.   

As for the woman, Delilah was a threat and disliked immediately. Samson showed her off, introducing her to many investors.

Samson:"Would you excuse me for a moment love? I need to use the restroom."

Delilah:"Yeah no problem. I will be here waiting for you." She pulled out a chair and sat at their assigned table.

Samson:"In case I didn't say it before, I'm saying it now." He bent down to talk in her ear. "You look beautiful." She mouthed a thank you. He mouthed you're welcome and walked away.

Delilah sat alone drinking her champagne that made her nose crinkle every time the bubbles tickled her nose. A woman pulled a chair right next to Delilah and sat down. Delilah assumed this woman was part of her table and just smiled at her. The woman, however had a look of disgust at her.

Vilmarie:"My name is Vilmarie Hancock and I saw you arrive with Samson." She said annoyed.

Delilah:"Yes you saw correctly." Delilah didn't bother introducing herself to the likes of her.

Vilmarie:"It has come to my attention that you and Samson have been dating for a couple of months?" She questioned.

Delilah:"Three months." She took a sip of her champagne.

Vilmarie:"Three months? That's a new record." She smirked viciously. "He will tire of you eventually. It's inevitable."

Delilah:"Well then, I won't be planning any future." She said sarcastically.

Vilmarie:"Listen honey, it will be best if you leave him now and save yourself the heartache..."

Delilah:"Because he broke yours?" She finished.

Vilmarie:"He and I have a connection of a different level. You wouldn't understand." She sneered.

Delilah:"Connection of a different level? To me sounds more like your a side piece whore."

Vilmarie rose angrily from the chair and was about to say something when Samson appeared.

Samson:"Vilmarie? What are you doing at our table?"

Vilmarie:"Oh Samson honey, I was just talking to um..." She just realized that she didn't know Delilah's name.

Delilah:"She was just telling me about the connection that you two shared once upon a time."

Samson:"Vilmarie, please don't start your shit. This isn't the time or place to start bringing up the past. A good three years ago."

Vilmarie:"Oh Samson, I just wanted to reconnect with you." She pushed herself up against him wrapping her arms around his neck. Samson grabbed a hold of her arms and brought them down while he stepped away from her.