1/ For the last 4 years...

A/N: I just wanted to let you guys know that I will no longer warn you when there is a smut in a chapter.Like previously on 'Lights on' there will be parts which will include sexual stuff.My story is already rated as mature one.I know that some of you don't like reading them (Believe me I hate writing them as well because it's too awkward.But I do it for the sake of the story because I feel like it completes the story in a weird beautiful way).So now and on I'm gonna simply put a 🔥 emoji whenever there is a smut lying ahead.

Thank you and have fun reading the rest of Alana' and Shawn' love story.

Xoxo,
stelenna

4 years after

Alana Dayes POV

If I had to describe the last 4 years in one word,it would probably be wild.

University has been the best experience ever! Not to mention,I only have 1 more exam before I graduate.I can't wait.I swear I've squeezed my brain out studying!

Studying art and fashion design has been something that I've always wanted to do and I'm one step away to make this dream of mine reality.Actually,it's just the beginning

I've already bought myself an office in LA where I'll start working as soon as I finish university.It's on the 10th floor ,so as you can imagine..the view is amazing.

Living with Skylar for 4 years had its ups and downs.One of the biggest problem we had was the bathroom.You have no idea how many times I've started crying since I was late for class because Skylar took forever to shower.Another down..When Brandon would come over.I'd rather not discuss that at all.But in general it was like a dream.Living with your best friend is one of the coolest things ever.Skylar made everything fun..Even dish washing.

Our apartment had 2 bedrooms,so we had separate rooms,a living room,a kitchen and a bathroom.

While living here we became friends with our neighbors,Noah and James.They are both studying drama and acting at the same university as we are.We started talking with them into a party and eventually found out they were our neighbors.They had been best friends since they'd been in diapers.Gradually our apartment became like theirs and their apartment became like ours.Sometimes we didn't even close the doors..except for when we were dressing or taking a shower.That's how close we became

Since our apartment was on the first floor,it was extremely easy for Shawn to sneak in whenever he was in LA. For the last 4 years,Shawn and I have been together and stronger than ever.Eventhough we didn't get to see each other as often as we liked to,we managed to do it..At least until now

The longest I went without seeing him was last year.I didn't see him for 6 months..I nearly went nuts.

Coping with the attention from his fans and paparazzi has been really hard.I hated when people would judge me about what I'm wearing or what I'm drinking.I absolutely hated it when Shawn came over and we would not have any privacy because people would surround us everywhere.

But hey,I actually got used to it.I understand.They love him and he loves them too.He would actually do everything for his fans.

He has a new stylist ,replacing Bea.Her name is Kelsey and I absolutely hate her.She flirts with Shawn non stop.Even when I'm on the room,she still flirts with him.Lexi doesn't like her either.She is annoyed at the fact that in the end,she has to style Shawns hair because Kelsey doesn't have a clue on what she's doing.

While we're talking about stylists..Bea

She was never seen since everything that happened.It was as if she'd just disappeared into the thin air.There was absolutely no sign of her.She could be dead for all we know..

I just turned 22 ,5 months ago.It's funny how years pass by without us even noticing.For example,Nora-my little munchkin is turning 19 next week! She has a boyfriend..But she still has Shawns posters all around her room...Which probably explains why her room is my favorite.

Usually when I visit my parents,I spend a lot of time in Noras room.I can't even count how many times I've started crying while looking at her posters.Some days when Shawn and I couldn't FaceTime because of the time zone difference or for any other reason,I would feel crushed.Just his voice made everything better.

I'm extremely proud of him.It was so interesting..watching his fame grow.He's been working extremely hard,especially the last 2 years.He's living his dream..

Anyways,I'm gonna leave before I get too emotional and start crying...I have a final exam to study for

Shawn Mendes POV

"That was amazing buddy"-Geoff patted my back as I entered the backstage.Tonight was the last show of my 4th world tour.

The last 4 years have been like a roller coaster ride.Crazy. Fortunately for me,I'm still doing what I love the most-performing and writing music.

Time has gone by faster than I could blink. Aaliyah just turned 18 and rumor has it that she has a boyfriend...At least that's what my mum told me. Apparently Aaliyah doesn't want me finding out yet because she's scared I'm gonna be all overprotective on her...Which as much as I'd hate to admit is true...

On the end of November Alana and I had our 4th anniversary...Which means that we've been dating for 4 years and a half now.Things have been going great.It was extremely hard,especially when we wouldn't see each other for months and I would get extremely sexually frustrated..But I was never one to cheat.I loved her so much she made me want to wait for her.

She's been living her dream.She was the happiest I've ever seen her when she bought her office.When she would ace her exams ,her whole face would light up.She loved living with Skylar,she was also near Brandon so that was good.

I hated her neighbors tho'.Noah and James.

Noah was cool,he wasn't bad but James...No words can describe just how much I don't want him to come near her.He looked at Lana as if he would throw himself at her any second now.

Luckily,her last exam is next week..Which means that after that she'll be done with university and will most likely never see James or Noah...At least she won't see them so often

It wasn't about trust

I trusted Lana more than I trusted my own self.She was too nice for her own good but she's also smart-I know she wouldn't cheat on me or anything..It was them I didn't trust.Especially James

Anyways what Lana doesn't know is that I will be visiting her next week.I was going to surprise her and ask her to come to Canada with me for a week or so.She did meet my parents a couple of times,but we never went to visit them in Canada and I think it would be great if we did.

1 more week...

✨✨✨✨

I know it's short but this was kinda like a filler so you guys know what they've done for the past 4 years ❤️

Ps. I love my best friend so much it's unreal 😏🙃🌹