17/Blood

When we landed in New York,we were exhausted.As soon as we got in our car and turned our phones on,Shawn received a call from Lexi

He answered-"Hello"

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat,trying to push my bag aside.I honestly didn't want the honeymoon to end,like ever.But it did

God I have so many house chores to do...So much laundry.

"WHAT?"-Shawn yelled making me jump where I stood.He sighed and laid his head back before hitting the wheel with his hands-"How much damage?"

Damage?

I was officially scared.What the hell had happened? I try to get Shawns attention but he doesn't even pay attention to me as he keeps talking to Lexi-"Is the police there?"

Police?

I stared down at my hands.What the hell was going on? I couldn't wait for Shawn to hang up so he'd just tell me.I was so anxious. Curiosity was eating me alive

"You're there with them?"-he questioned before nodding-"Okay hand him over.Officer...No we're on our way.Yes.Okay you may continue your investigation...Yeah we'll be there as soon as we can"

He hung up,shoved the phone down his pocket and immediately started driving fast.Okay Shawn,don't even bother explaining what the hell is going on to me.I'm losing my mind here!

"Shawn,what's wrong?"-I asked and for a second I thought he hadn't even heard me but then he gulped hard before he answered

"Someone broke into our house"-he answered and I felt my heart drop down

"How much damage was there? What did they take? Why is Lexi there?"-I had so many questions.If I was feeling anxious before,I was definitely going to faint now

"The place is completely trashed .Everything is turned upside down according to Lexi,a lot of broken things...Lots of damage"-Shawn explained-"The alarm went on when they broke in so the security company called your parents ,they were the second contact we told the company to call in case we didn't answer but since they're in Dubai,Lexi was the third contact.She's there,the police has arrived there and they're investigating the whole thing"

I nodded taking everything in.God why? Why this? Just as everything was finally getting perfect,this happens

"I'm sending you over to a hotel and I'll go check the place out"-Shawn said as we stopped at a red light.I looked at him blankly.What the-?

"What?"

"You're exhausted baby.You need to rest.Besides,I don't want you to see the place like that"

"I'm coming.It's my house too and I don't care that I'm tired"

"Alana quit being so stubborn.Just let me handle this"

"Shawn,I don't need you to handle this.I don't need rest.I want to be there with you and see what's happened.I'm a tough girl,I can handle myself"

"I know you can"-he said-"God I hope they didn't steal anything that was too valuable"

As closer as we got to the house,the more anxious I felt.I've had this bad feeling since morning,but I didn't know why and now I know.

The blue and red lights were now visible as we entered our neighborhood.I spotted Lexis car,parked right infront of our house.I took a deep breath as Shawn parked the car.We went out the car and Lexis arms were the first thing to find me.Shawn was talking to a police officer and everything around me was a blur.I felt like my knees dropped when I heard the officer tell Shawn-"The place is completely trashed.Not a single thing remained unbroken....We have yet to check the second floor "