21/We better get used to that

No ones point of view

3 hours went by and the doors of the operation room remained closed.No one knew what was going on in there.

Alana's parents,Shawn's parents,Aaliyah,Nora and Brandon along with Skylar were waiting outside the room for any information.Shawn was outside the babies room,staring at his daughter through the glass.She was the only thing keeping him sane right now,with Alana still being in there,he was scared he would lose his mind anytime soon.

"Where's Shawn?"-Skylar asked worriedly.She hadn't seen him ever since she came to the hospital

"He's with Rose"-Karen said-"The baby room.The end of the hall,first left"

Skylar nodded.She gave Brandon a quick kiss before making her way to the baby room.Shawns shoulder and head were pressed up against the glass as he watched over Rose.Skylar went next to him and for the first time that night,she looked at her best friends child.She was beautiful,she looked like Alana...Or so Skylar thought.But it was still too early to notice that.

"How are you holding up?"-Skylar asked him even though she already knew the answer.

"How do you think?"-Shawn asked-"I might never see my wife again.My child may be raised without a mom..."

"Shawn don't think the worst"

Shawn knew that.But his mind couldn't help but think every thing that can happen...Including the worst.

"I'm trying not to"-he said calmly-"That's why I'm staying here next to Rose. She keeps me sane.And when I look at her,I don't think about the worst.At least not all the time"

Skylars heart ached for him.For them.

They didn't deserve to go through this hell.This wasn't supposed to happen.The doctors were still struggling into stopping Alana's bleeding.After a lot of difficulties they finally managed to find a matching blood type.

"What's taking so long?"-Brandon questioned frustrated.It had been hours,they were all anxious to find out wether she was okay.Pounding on the door with his fists he yelled-"This is bullshit"

Upon hearing that,the main doctor ordered one of the nurses to get out and tell them about the progress made until now.The nurse nodded as she washed her hands,Alanas blood washing down the sink.She went out and upon hearing the door open,Shawn ran ,Skylar following behind.

"What happened,is she alright?"-Shawn asked breathlessly as he ran down the hall.

"She's lost a lot of blood.We managed to stop the internal bleeding  but her blood won't coagulate properly,which is causing more external bleeding."-the nurse explained,Shawn took in a deep breath as Karen rubbed his shoulders.-"The problem is we can't find a matching blood type.We're doing the best we can but her body is refusing the other groups.If we don't find a matching blood type immediately.. "

"She will bleed to death"-Alanas mom concluded and the nurse nodded.Shawn felt as if the whole hospital was weighting down on his shoulders.His tears dripped down his cheek.This couldn't be happening.

"Can I donate blood?"-Shawn asked immediately

"If your blood type matches...You can save her life"

"I will try too"-her mom said.She was the only one in the family who had more chances of matching with Alana.Brandon,Nora and her husband had different blood types and she knew that.

And so the nurse tested their blood and Alanas..Her mom didn't match,Shawn was her last hope.Shawn took in a deep breath as the nurse touched his skin with the needle she was holding.After what seemed like hours but were in fact only a couple of minutes the nurse came to the room