19/A second chance

All my life,I believed that good things happen to good people.And karma eventually would find it's way back to everyone who's ever done something bad or hurt someone.

But now as I stay approximately 5 steps away from the person that once almost took everything away from me,I don't believe in anything...other than the fact that I might never see the people I love ever again.

I would never get the chance to become a mom.I would never get to say goodbye to my family...Or hold Shawn and tell him how much I love him.

I should've listened to him when I had the chance.I would've been wrapped by his arms right now,cuddling and laughing...But instead I'm here,watching Beatrice swing her gun around,a smug look never leaving her face.

"What happened Lana?"-She questioned as she walked towards me.I walked backwards till I backed up against the wall-"Cat got your tongue?"

"What do you want Bea?"-I questioned shaking my head-"What is it that you want?"

"Now you want to talk about what I want?"-she chuckled bitterly-"A little late bout' that don't you think? You should've listened to me 5 years ago Alana."

"Beatrice can't we just get this to an end?"-I asked desperately as she brushed her gun against my collar bone

"Taking this to an end would mean killing you..."-she trailed off-"However I'm going to watch you suffer first...then,I'm going to kill you"

"Why do you hate me so much?"-I asked holding back the tears that were threatening to leave my eyes-"What have I ever done to you?"

"YOU TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME!"-she yelled-"Because of you,I'm un capable of love...because you took the only person I've ever loved away from me."

"Why after 4 years you decided to show up?"-I asked her as she held her gun next to my head-"Why after all this time? Why not just kill me 4 years ago?"

She laughed-"God Alana you're so damn innocent and naive. You thought I was gone didn't you?"-when I didn't answer she got the answer she needed-"Good.I needed you to think that you were safe. But I was always there,watching you.I had to be patient in order for my plan to work"

"What do you mean you were watching me?"-I asked,my eyes widening in shock

"If Shawn snuck into your dorm room,I would know.If Shawn took you to Barcelona to meet his parents for the first time over 4 years ago,I would know...If you and Shawn left to a private island for your honeymoon...I would know. Everything comes back to me. You can't beat me at my own game Alana."

I took in a deep breath

"How did you find my gift?"-She asked-"I'll admit the cat with the stake through the heart wasn't really original but I know for sure it scared the shit out of you. Shawn ran up to you immediately..Do you know what I realized that night? That you've got him wrapped up around your finger.All that he could think about that night was wether you were okay"

I didn't talk.I shifted my eyes to Kate.She was staring at me and Bea while she drew something abstract in a piece of paper

"LETS ALL MAKE SURE POOR ALANA IS OKAY"-Bea yelled smashing the vase that stood on my working table against the wall-"How do you do this? How do you manipulate people into caring so much for you?"