20/Like an angel

Being pregnant is the most wonderful thing I've ever experienced.I mean yeah,you get huge and your feet swell to the point where none of your shoes fit anymore.And you have to pee every 5 minutes but you none of this compares to the feeling of carrying a life. You radiate happiness and nothing beats that.

Shawn was even more excited than I was.When we found out about the pregnancy we were thrilled.So after we moved into our house again,we gathered our families and told them the amazing news.They were extremely happy,especially Nora who said,and I quote-"The mendes army will be getting a baby Mendes!!!"

Well,some things never change.

She was just joking tho',she is over her fan girl phrase...I hope.

Anyways at our first check up,we got to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time and we were left speechless.It had become our favorite melody.We kept the pregnancy a secret from the public and media until my stomach was visible enough for them to start noticing .We announced it through an instagram post.

❤👤 tagged; ShawnMendesLiked by ShawnMendes,Skylarjones and 840,276 others

Liked by ShawnMendes,Skylarjones and 840,276 others.

AlanaDayes: blessed💫.ShawnMendes

Comments disabled for this post

After a couple of weeks we went to the check up and the doctor asked us wether we wanted to know the gender. We fought the urge to know the gender immediately and handed the envelope with the information to Aaliyah,which resulted into a baby shower/gender revealing party.

I put on a light violet dress on and straightened my hair before doing my makeup.Shawn was picking Karen and Manny from the airport.I heard the music blaring from the speakers on our garden...That's where the party was being held. Since heels we off limits due to my elephant feet,I settled in for a pair of flats.

The door flew open and I saw a breathless Shawn smile-"You look beautiful baby"

"No I don't"-I shook my head and suddenly I wanted to start crying.Stupid pregnancy hormones-"I'm huge.My feet look like an elephants"

Shawn grabbed my hands into his and sat on our bed-"Alana,there is a baby inside your body.Our baby. You're holding another life inside you and I think that makes you the most beautiful you've ever been."

"You still love me even though I weight like a thousand pounds right now?"-I bit my lip.I had no idea where these stupid questions and insecurities were coming from.I just had these breakdowns every now and then that I just couldn't control

"I've never loved you more than I do right now"-he whispered and I searched his eyes.They were sincere.He was telling the truth-"With every day that passes by,I love you even more...Don't ask me how that's possible because I don't know.All I know is that I might say that I've never loved you more than I love you today...But I already know I'm gonna love you even more tomorrow.And the day after that.Until death do us part"