Bonus chapter

6 years later

"Mom come on!!"-Rose tugged down at my shirt. It's Sunday and we had promised the kids that we'd have a water balloon fight today.

"I'm coming Rose,just let me grab a few more balloons"-I bend down to her height-"Why don't you go call Nate?"

"Nate is already with dad on the garden mom! You're the only one left,you always take so long!"-She rolled her eyes at me with a pout. She hates waiting for people.Extremely impatient-that's exactly how I'd describe her.Like father like daughter. Some things never change huh.

"Okay,okay fine I'm coming"-I said as I picked up my phone. I see Rose run outside the house and I smile.

As much as I'd hate to admit it,neither of the kids are like me. They're 100% Shawn on every aspect. Rose has some of my physical features but Shawns features on her are more dominant while Nate looks like a copy of Shawn. But I didn't mind,obviously.

I go to the garden and Shawn was chasing the kids around while they yelled for their dear life. I laugh as I see Nate trip on his own feet while running.Just then Shawn grabbed me by the waist,letting out a shout which I guess was supposed to scare me.

He kissed the top of my head-"You're supposed to run away from the beast,baby. You suck at this game"

I giggled like a child as he started tickling me-"Shawn s-stop"

"No can't do baby"

Then Nate came and started pushing Shawn-"Let mama go beast"

Bless him this was so funny to look at. I mean Nate wasn't any taller than Shawns knee. He had just turned 3.Shawn picks him up and spins him around .Nate shrieks as he holds tighter onto Shawn before he starts laughing.

"Okay,lets start the game"-Shawn said as he let Nate down-"Who wants to be on my team?"

Nate and Rose both raise their hands.

Unbelievable.

Do they know I went through a nearly death experience,twice-to bring them to life?

"Okay fine,I'll go with mom"-Rose said as she came near me. I guess the kids like hanging out around Shawn more because he's chill. I'm the one yelling about safety the whole time. But I mean,you can't blame my motherly instincts for kicking in unexpectedly.

"Okay so,each of us has two balloons. Whoever shoots a member of the other team,wins. When one team loses a round,it's a point for the other team ,there will be 3 rounds . If you shoot your own team mate,you lose a ball. Then we come back here and we just shoot each other with water balloons for fun. Okay?"

We all nod as we grab the balloons

"We'll give you girls a head start .No running behind the house or inside"-Shawn says as Rose and I run to the end of the garden.-"1..2..3... let the fight begin"

Nate started yelling as he ran towards Rose.Shawn runs towards me and I start running,he shoots but misses me and I smile as I stop to take a breath. I see Rose shoot Nate directly on his face.

"Yes!"

Then Rose turns towards Shawn who had stopped to ask Nate if he was alright and nods in my direction . That's my cue. I run,trying not to make noise as I went behind Shawn,smashing the water balloon on his head.

"Alana!"-Shawn whines as Rose and I high five-"That was cheating!"

"I never said I'd fight fairly"-I shrugged as I pecked his cheek-"Lighten up baby,you still have 2 more rounds"