Chapter Five

Chapter Five

I woke up laying on the toilet's floor, as I did every morning. However, today was different to every other day, as I knew I had no change of clothes, money or anything. I began to panic, as I sat there wondering what I was going to do now. After ages of trying to think of any options I had, there was only one I kept going back to, and that was calling Cherelle. I knew she told me, only to call in an emergency but right now, I had no other choice. I was just hoping I wouldn't make her mad or upset with me, as she was the only person that I could truly turn to right now.

Slowly I pulled my cell phone out of my bag and got her number up. I sat there just looking at the cell for a while, as I tried to get some courage to talk to her. After a while of battling with myself, I decided that, I realistically had no other options. Now I was struggling with thinking of what I was going to say to her, as I didn't like to ask anyone for anything, as in the past I had always been refused. As feeling rejected as a person was bad enough, however being refused something when you're desperate somehow felt worse.

After hearing the dialling tone, I pressed on her number and waited. The phone started ringing and as I nervously waited for her to answer, I heard people entering into the toilets. I quickly hung up not wanting anyone to hear me pleading for help.

As I sat there waiting for them to leave I heard my phone go off, it was a text from Cherelle. " Sheena what is wrong are you ok? I didn't want to ring you back in case you are in class. Please call me," I could tell she was worried now, and that killed me, as I did not want to cause her to worry. Although it did feel good to have someone worry about me, but she did not deserve this. I called her straight back not caring if anyone heard me now, as I didn't want her worrying. Cherelle answered after the first ring, "Where are you? Are you ok?" I cut her off as I could tell she was panicking. " Cherelle I am alright" the line went silent and I could hear her calming down," I have no one left to turn to, please can I meet up with you?" I asked, as the tears, I was desperately trying to hold in overflowed. "Oh Sheena please don't cry, where are you now sweetheart?" I am in the train stations toilets." I replied honestly, as I didn't want to lie to her, as she has been so nice and honest with me. " Ok just stays where you are I will be there in about fifteen minutes. "I will, Thank you Cherelle." Then I hung up.

Not long after I hung up the phone, I heard Cherelle shouting frantically, I opened the door just enough for her to see me. She pushed the door opened and grabbed hold of me while pulling me into a hug" Oh I have been so worried about you" she said between her tears, I just stayed wrapped in her arms silently, as I began to sob again. We must have just stayed like that for ages as there was a massive queue of people waiting to use the toilets now. " Hmm, sorry" we both said as we walked over by the sinks, where I began cleaning myself up.

We were now walking out of the train station; I did not know where we were going, so I just followed Cherelle. A few minutes later we were standing by a car, "get in" she told me, giving me no way to question or even refuse her. I just got in the car and strapped myself in, while she done the same. "Sheena I thought it would best if we go to my place to talk and get you changed, is that alright?" She asked, as she started the car up. Feeling so overwhelmed and mentally drained, I nodded my head signalling yes.

Moments later, we pulled up at an apartment block it was beautiful. It was not a big tower block, it was small and surrounded in grass with pretty flowers done in boarders. I followed her out of the car and in through the front door, we were both silent. It was not uncomfortable though, if anything it seemed to be more soothing than anything.

As we entered her apartment, I was shocked to see how big it was, "Cherelle it is beautiful," I said as I took in the surroundings. There were family pictures hanging all over the walls, with plants and little ornaments scattered here and there. I could tell by the way she had them all placed, that they all had some sort of sentimental meaning to her. The apartment had such a warm homely feeling to it, which happened to match Cherell's personality perfectly. As ever since that night I met her at the hospital, she had given me so much hope and strength, that I know if it wasn't for her, I would have never of coped.

She took hold of my hand and led me up the hallway. "Come on let's get you cleaned up first and then we can talk" she said smiling. "Thank you" I replied with a real smile, not one of my usual fake ones. I think she realized this too, as her smile grew even bigger. After showing me where everything was, she left me to take a shower.

Once I finished, I joined her back in the kitchen, where she had made us both some lunch, it was then that I realized I had not eaten since breakfast the day before. I took a seat beside her and as we started to eat, I began to tell her everything from the beginning, well from the day my family had left me. I didn't know that it would be this hard to tell someone, as, when I was telling her, it was as if I was reliving every day of the last five years making me cry uncontrollably.

She never interrupted me once, and as soon as I finished telling her everything, I lifted my head up only to see her crying. I jumped out of my seat and ran over to her, I gave her a big hug "Cherelle what's wrong? Why are you crying, have I done something" I asked worried, between my own sobs. She just looked up at me with watery eyes, looking a little confused but also amazed. I felt a little confused by the way she was looking at me, but then she started laughing uncontrollably. She was starting to worry me as she was now acting like some crazy woman. " Oh Sheena you have no clue do you honey" she said in between her laughs. I just looked at her and said nothing. "Sorry I didn't mean to laugh, but you can't blame me though, because you have just had five years of pure and utter hell, and you see me crying and ask if I'm alright" I started to laugh at what she had said, and to be honest it was quite funny when she put it like that.

After we sobered up from laughing, she gave me a serious look. "Why didn't you press charges with the police?" She asked, I could sense she was angry but she was trying hard to cover it up. "Well I have managed to keep out of the social services way, and by pressing charges I knew I would only draw unwanted attention to myself." She sat there quietly, as she was taken in what I had just told her. She nodded "I understand now" was her reply. "Ok, well I have no work today so how about a girls movie day with loads of junk." She asked laughing," well that, I cannot refuse" I replied laughing. "Cherelle," "yes" "Thank you so much for everything" I told her from my heart. "Hey no need to thank me, that's what friends are for aren't they". I was gobsmacked, wordless, I could feel the tears starting again, "hey what's the tears for "she asked. You called me your friend," I said still chocked up. "Well you are," she said." No, I mean you are my first friend in five years," I said , still shocked. "Well then I am privileged then aren't I "she replied, as she walked into the front room, and over to the shelves full of movies. " You pick the movie out and I will get the goodies," she shouted out as she went back towards the kitchen. As I was picking out the movie, I thanked god for helping me find Cherelle. Although I knew I couldn't stay here, but just knowing I had someone to talk to and to call my friend was plenty for me.

When the movie ended, I helped Cherelle clear up. I heard a knock on the door as I was walking to the bathroom, as I doing my business, I thought it was probably her boyfriend. So I decided that it was probably time for me to leave now. After I washed my hands, I walked back to the kitchen only to see two men standing talking to Cherelle. I could tell which one was her boyfriend as he had his arms wrapped around her, but the other one sounded familiar to me but I couldn't think where I could of known him from as I never really got to know anyone. I couldn't see his face as they all had their backs to me. I stood there for a while before Cherelle saw me."Hey Sheena let me introduce you to" she started saying as the two men turned around to face me. I looked into the same chocolatey brown eyes as I did yesterday at the train station. I started to panic as I didn't know what he would do. I tore my eyes away from his, and ran for the door. I felt bad running from Cherelle but right now I didn't know what else to do. I was glad that no one was following me as I exited the building, but then I heard someone screaming my name out . So I quickly looked for somewhere to hide, beside me was a big thorn bush but right now I didn't care as I just climbed in behind it. Sitting there with the thorns jabbing into my body, I waited till they passed. I could hear them talking to each other while Cherelle was going mad at them to find me. I have never felt so bad , however I was too frightened to face the two guys as I didn't know what they would do to me.

Thanks so much for reading :)

Mel xx