Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Lee and I had just finished our shift down at the police station, and were just on our way to his girlfriend’s house, to chill out for the night. However, I could not seem to get my mind off that poor girl at the train station yesterday. She was crying so much, that I didn't even get to find out her name or even find out why she was crying. I was not the type of cop to bring work home with me but for some reason, I could not stop worrying about her. Her little skinny feeble body, looked so neglected, it was as if she hadn’t eaten or had any sleep in days. “Hey what’s up man?” Lee asked,” I just sat there looking out the window thinking of what I could say. As I could not just say that, I was just thinking about that girl yesterday at the train station, because he would totally get the wrong idea. As work things never got to me, but there was just something about her that was just worried the hell out of me. So I decided to act dumb “Ah nothing just tired I guess” I replied, and continued to look out the passenger window.

A few minutes later, we arrived at Cherelle’s apartment. We were just walking through the door, when Cherelle dragged us into the kitchen while whispering to us” don’t say word”. She warned us both, to be on our best behaviour as she had a friend around, and her friend was having a bad time at the moment. I zoned out then, as I went back to thinking of that girl at the station again.

 All I could picture was her long blonde hair, her blue eyes that held so much hurt and sadness; you could almost feel her pain. In addition, how underweight she was, I don’t know how long I was in my own little world before I heard someone, standing behind me. I turned around when Cherelle started introducing us to her friend, which is when I noticed who it was.  I stood there shocked, our eyes locked, I could not say anything, as my brain just went completely blank. All the questions and worries I have had since yesterday disappeared.  She looked as shocked as I was, I tried to move closer to her, but I could not get my legs to respond. As I was, feeling as shocked and confused right now as the look in her eyes was killing me. She looked so scared; her eyes were glassy with tears I knew she was desperately holding on. I just wanted to wrap her in my arms and make everything all right.

What the hell, I shouted to myself, but before I could think to say anything, she went running out of the apartment. Cherelle screaming out to her snapped me back to reality.

I finally managed to pull myself together as I started to run after her, along with Cherelle and Lee. As we reached outside the apartment, it was as if she had just disappeared into thin air. We had looked everywhere; Cherelle began freaking out, as she was panicking at where Sheena was going to go. Then her anger turned to tears, I continued to look up and down the street while Lee was trying to comfort and calm Cherelle down.

After a couple of hours of looking with no luck, the three of us headed back into the apartment. We sat down in the kitchen while trying to come up with places she might be, while I made us all something to drink. I could not wait for Cherelle to calm down any longer, as I was beginning to drive myself insane, thinking of all the bad things that could be happening to Sheena right now. “Cherelle what’s going on “she looked up at Lee, then back to me. “Well before I tell you, you both have to promise me, that you will not lecture me or tell anyone, once I tell you,” she said sternly, looking at both of us. Lee answered straight away with a yes, however, I wasn’t sure if I could keep that promise, as I knew if she were in some sort of trouble, I would have to step in and help her. Then the feeling of not knowing what was going on made me feel even worse, if that was possible. Therefore, I just nodded my head, while under my breath I said; I cannot promise you that Cherelle.

After Cherelle explained everything to us, well most of it anyway, knowing she was holding something back from us. Nevertheless, I had heard enough, as right now all I wanted to do was hunt her parents down and kill the boys who had tried to rape her. Then thinking of Sheena out there all alone in the dark now, with no money and nowhere to stay broke my heart. I kept thinking about the way our eyes locked, I felt something, but could not work out what it was.

 Cherelle was sobbing her heart out, and I wasn’t too far behind her, as I was trying desperately to hold my tears in. I could not believe she had lived through so much, especially with only being eighteen as well. When I thought about it she was only three years younger than I was, and I knew there was no way on, earth that I could have coped with what she has had to. The only thing that was keeping me from going all physco was Cherelle, as by the sounds of it, if it wasn’t for Cherelle, Sheena could have not made it through the last month without her. I grabbed my keys off the side and left lee comforting Cherelle, as I couldn’t just sit around anymore, not knowing if she was safe or not.

As soon as I got in my car, I got my map out and circled all the known places where the homeless people usually hung out. As I was circling places, the tears that escaped me fell onto the map-making it almost unreadable. I dried the tears from my eyes, as I continued to circle the map.  As I started the car up, my heart started pounding, there was something about Sheena that had me caring and worrying like never before, I just hope I can find her before anything bad happens to her, I thought to myself as I pulled out of the parking lot.

I had been driving around now for nearly three hours now, and still no sign of her. Cherelle had stayed at home just in case she went  back there, as she had run off without taking her bag and phone that Cherelle had given her in case of emergencies. While Lee drove around looking nearer to the apartment.  I had two places left to check from the map so I pulled up to the homeless shelter first, and luckily, I had my police badge on me, so I knew they would have to let me in. Nevertheless, she was not there and as I got back into my car I looked at the map, seeing the park was next my blood ran cold as I began to think of the night she was nearly raped. I slammed my hands down onto the steering wheel repeatedly, as the thought of someone touching her forcefully. My anger began to boil as I started the car back up and headed towards the park. As I pulled into the car park, I could see a group of boys standing under a tree. I began to panic as I thought of the worst and ran over to them and barging through them. A couple of the boys tried pushing me back but as soon as I showed them my badge they all ran, I managed to grab one of them and pinned him down. “Have you seen a young girl here tonight?” I shouted at him, he did not answer me. ”Let me make this clearer for you,” I put more force onto his arms knowing that I was close to breaking them but I didn’t care as much worse could be happening to Sheena right now.”Ok, OK Just let go” he shouted out. I eased up a little but still making sure that he could not make a run for it. “Yes I did see a girl here earlier,” he said. “What did she look like” I questioned. “She had long blonde hair about my height but really skinny”, my temper was starting to get the better of me as I cut him off. “What have you done to her? As you must have done something to remember such pacific details about her?” I asked angrily. “Nothing I swear” he replied nervously. Putting more my weight onto his arms he screamed out, “STOP AND I WILL TELL YOU OK” I stopped and waited for him to tell me. “I saw her walking through the park about an hour ago with two boys, they seemed to be harassing her, so we tried to stop them, but one of them pulled a gun out on us, so we all backed up”. He told me. I let go of him as my body became cold and numb, I pulled my phone out and quickly called Lee.

As soon as I finished talking to Lee, I ran in the direction that the boy told me they went. I prayed to god, that they had not done anything to her. My vision became blurry as the tears started running down my face. Please god let her be safe, I kept repeating to myself, as I ran across the park into the forest that ran along the edge of the park. I spotted what looked like some piece of clothing on the ground ahead of me; I speeded up to see if it would give me any clues to where Sheena was. However, as I got closer, I realized it was not just a piece of clothing, but it was a jacket which was covering  up a  body. I knew it was a body as an arm was laying on the ground uncovered . I could hear my heart pounding in my ears as I began panicking, “oh god no, you can’t take her, please God don’t let it be her”, I pleaded.

 I bent down beside the body, my eyes were streaming and my body began shaking violently. I was so scared at what I was going to see, that I could not get my hand to stop shaking long enough to pull back the jacket. I placed my hand onto the jacket “Don’t Damon,” I heard Lee scream out to me. My hand froze on the spot as Lee ran over to me. I broke down as Lee bent down beside me “it is my entire fault! I should have stayed with her,” I said, angrily at myself. “What?” Lee asked, “The girl that was sobbing, sitting on my lap yesterday at the train station that was Sheena” I told him in between my sobs. I felt lee place his hand next to mine, as he helped me lift the jacket off  the body. “OH MY GOD!”

I hope you all enjoyed!

Thanks a million for reading :)

Please vote* comment* fan*

<3 Mel xx