Chapter Twenty-Nine

Hey all!

Sorry I didn’t upload yesterday but I was just so snowed under with work, However I hope this chapter makes up for it!

All my <3 Mel xx

Please vote comment fan

 Chapter Twenty-Nine

After we had all finished breakfast, we had to go down town to the station, as they needed us to answer a few more questions. Although I was dreading it, it had to be done, as after all Alisha could still be in danger. I told myself.

 Damon has kept reassuring me that this was no way connected to Cherelle and my father’s, and it was just that we where in the wrong place at the wrong time. Well I do not think so, as where would you find a heavily armed gang waiting for you at your future mother in laws house, never that is when. Knowing Damon was just trying to put my mind at ease, I decided to keep all my thoughts to myself.

The drive to the police station seemed to take forever, as we were all silent and it was beginning to frustrate me. You could feel the tension throughout the car, so much that it made the drive there even worse. “So what are your plans for today?” I asked Alisha trying anything to break this uncomfortable silence. “I have to go back to my house to collect a few things but that is about it, what about you two, what are your plans for today? She asked, I could tell by her tone that she was also grateful to break the uncomfortable silence. Turning my gaze towards Damon to see if he was going to reply her, his face looked blank but you feel the anger radiating off his body. “Not sure yet, but I think we will just have a lazy day today, as we are going to need to get back to work soon, because we have been missing so much lately” I quickly replied his mother. Knowing Damon wasn’t going to answer her any time soon, as he had probably not even heard his mothers question in the first place.

After an hour or so of questioning we were still know better off, as they still had know idea of who it was. I was feeling even more irritated leaving the station, than I was going in, as they wouldn’t listen to me. They were so sure that it had nothing to do with our fathers, however, I thought otherwise. Damon walked along beside me holding my hand; it was like we were both away on another planet. When we got into the car, I looked over at Damon and decided I needed to tell him. “Damon, I think it has something to do with my father”, he looked at me in shock but also relief. “I think so too,” He said, as he left out a deep breath and continued to look at me. “Can we just get something to eat and go some where far away from here so we can talk alone?” I asked. As so many things where starting to build up inside me, and I needed to let it all out before I explode. I could tell Damon was feeling the same way. “Yes hunny, I would love that too,” he responded along with a real smile. After strapping myself in, I took hold of his hand. Stopping at a drive through we got our food before heading towards the lake at the other side of town.

Getting out of the car, the view before me instantly relaxed me. The cool air flowed through my hair, as I just stood there looking over at the lake deep within my own thoughts. “Hey my lovely” Damon said, as he wrapped an arm around my waist. I looked up at him and smiled feeling so much better already. Giving him a quick peck on his cheek, I then made a run for it, feeling like a naughty child I giggled. The shocked look on Damon’s face had me full out laughing. “Sheena that’s cheating” he shouted out. However, I did not stop, as it felt too good. I felt free, it was like the world as I’ve known it, was not real. This place was perfect, it held so much peace, that I felt amazing, truly amazing.